Brass grip framed Super

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Hashknife Hartley

Single-Sixer
Was cruising through some auction sites one day a week or so ago and came across a Super with brass grip frame in Maryland. A quick check of the new Dougan book and it's serial # was there in black and white. Put in a pretty low bid, which was topped in a couple of days, so went up to what I figured was my max, but still way short of a grand. Won it by $50 and got it in yesterday, got a letter on it's way from Ruger. Had the box already (was thinking about selling it, but found a use for it), so it didn't come with the gun, but makes for a decent package. Anyway, here's a few pics:
383753418.jpg

383753443.jpg

383753450.jpg

383753459.jpg

Only need six more and for the wife to get a second job; good luck with that.
HH

radicalrod

Hunter
Hey HH, now ya need the NON prefix Super.....then ..... ya it goes on and on and on....I had a second job all lined up but the wife was too tired to go to HER interview :D :D :D NICE ONE, I bought mine years ago from Rugerguy before they all would letter......mine didn't letter till just recently thanks to JD......see ya RR.

americal

Hunter
FINE package to say the least :!: Sure is nice when things work out & you get the high bid 8) It was A little close :!: I know you gotta be :D

Hashknife Hartley

Single-Sixer
Thanks everyone,
Yeah, it's kind of neat when things work out, I was kind of sweatin' it for a week till the auction day came up, figured one of the Ruger slueths would ferret it out, but not to be. There was a couple other nice Rugers on both this auction and one other; a short barreled .45, .357 Flattop and a 4 5/8's" XR-3 Single Six that looked very nice. I was going to bid on the Single Six, but the Super hit my max available, so didn't put a bid in on it, but had registered for the auction. It went for $600, so was pretty much at it's value. The Flattop went for $550 and looked very nice also. As another thread just said, "they're out there" and these auctions seem to be one of the places they show up. To check a lot of auctions in a hurry, you can bring up Proxibid.com, and put Ruger or Ruger Single Six or Blackhawk in to the search engine and it'll show guns in a bunch of auctions. With just Ruger in the search engine, it brought up 249 guns when I found this Super. Good way to spend some time and you might find something you just can't live without; ya' just never know.
Cheers,
HH