Brass Frame Question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

8pointer

Single-Sixer
Just back from the Gun Show where I picked up a brass framed OM .45 Blackhawk with a 7-1/2 barrel. I am fairly certain that the brass frame is not original as the serial number doesn't match the BKH-45B serial number range listed in RENE. Overall the gun is in very good shape and for $450 out the door, I just couldn't pass it up. Although I don't think it was shipped with the brass grip frame, I would like to know if the frame was made by Ruger. Is there an easy way to tell?

Thanks

Jerry

flatgate

Hawkeye
8pointer":20stgg46 said:
I would like to know if the frame was made by Ruger. Is there an easy way to tell?

Thanks

Jerry

162714758.jpg

The Ruger produced version is marked MR-3DB as depicted above.

Man, you got a great deal. The gun alone is worth every penny you paid and then some!

flatgate

8pointer

Single-Sixer
Thanks Flatgate. I removed the grips and there are no numeric markings on the frame so it wasn't manufactured by Ruger. But as you indicated it was still a pretty good deal. I am thinking about swapping this brass grip frame with the grip frame on my Old Army. They are compatible, correct?

Motex66

Single-Sixer
Compatible yes. Correct for the old model 45 Colt would be an XR3 Red aluminum.
Will it fit? Most likely but, may not match along frame edges.
For a shooter some like the extra weight of the steel Old Army frame.
Just for fun call Ruger and get a letter for it. See how an when it was shipped.
John

Sam Johnson

Blackhawk
45-09987.jpg

Looks like this was the week for .45's Brassies at the gun show. I got enough of yard work Sunday afternoon so I made a quick run by the gun show. BKH45 X but only has the ACP cylinder.

8pointer

Single-Sixer
Here is a photo of the revolver that I purchased. This is my first attempt to post a photo on this forum, hope it works.

BHK45.jpg

8pointer

Single-Sixer
Looks like the photo worked, but the image is a bit large. Can anyone tell me how to reduce the photo size when posting?

Thanks Jerry

flatgate

Hawkeye
It appears your nice ol' .45 has New Model grips. The silver screw/escutcheons in your itty-bitty image still show up...

Nonetheless, that's a grand ol' Ruger to have!

flatgate