Bragaddocio and Would like some info on the Super Single Six

Help Support Ruger Forum:

MagnumM56

Bearcat
Collected a lot of Ruger Rimfires last year-thanks to a big case I had and some Xtra cash that went with it- These are: a)10/22 ss synthetic carbine;b)10/22 Magnum; which I scoped c) Mark III Hunter Stainless 6.88 bbl fluted;d) TALO blued Mark III 6.88 bbl[the grips on this one make me crazy] and e) TALO Mark II Hunter 4.5" bbl. Had purchased a pieced together 45/45 BH liberty 6.5 " bbl and ported and originally shipped as a BN 455. Traded this [even trade] for a Super single six 22lr/.22 mag] So here is the question The super single six I traded for has a couple or dings-no big deal-it has adjustablw sights-what amazed me is that the finish is the high gloss. I know that Ruger did a run of hi gloss single actions in Vaqueros and BH's but had no idea about single six convetibles This one has a 6.5" bbl and the sn is 68-84xxx.Are these still in production as a hi gloss polished Stainless revolver?
If Ruger discontinued the hi gloss single six convertibles-what were the production dates for these?
I guess a hi gloss single six is no big deal but I am curious.
Think I have a pretty full repitioire of RF Rugers-so fun and cheap to shoot.
Any info on the hi gloss finish revolvers will be appreciated.

chet15

Hawkeye
MagnumM56":15di1dhz said:
So here is the question The super single six I traded for has a couple or dings-no big deal-it has adjustablw sights-what amazed me is that the finish is the high gloss. I know that Ruger did a run of hi gloss single actions in Vaqueros and BH's but had no idea about single six convetibles This one has a 6.5" bbl and the sn is 68-84xxx.Are these still in production as a hi gloss polished Stainless revolver?
If Ruger discontinued the hi gloss single six convertibles-what were the production dates for these?

It sounds like somebody has given your stainless NM Super Single-Six a high polish from outside the factory. Your gun would have been made about 1981. The high gloss finish NM Super Single-Sixes were not introduced by Ruger until 1993 with the earliest reported being 262-87067.
The GKNR5F and GKNR6F were discontinued in late 1996 or early 1997.
Chet15

MagnumM56

Bearcat
Thanx C-

Didn't do a bad job on the polishing outside the factory-BTW I have all of" the precious 3" Davidson's Stainless Blackhawks now. They are really something-the factory let the 7 1/2 one go years after these were first released but the SN and the maring on the plastic case are correct.

Latest posts