Box for a late 79 - early 80 Security Six RDA-36

Help Support Ruger Forum:

lvtwentytwo

Single-Sixer
Anybody know if the box for this Security Six is the one-piece yellow/black one or the red/black one, and where I might find one?

I picked up a Security Six blued 6" with two sets of grips; the small grips and the target grips. I'm trying to put everything back together.

Thx....

hittman

Staff member
I think you're looking for the yellow/black box.
Put a "WTB" ad in the Classifieds here.

choirboy

Bearcat
Shame. There's one for a stainless 6" big grip on eBay right now.
Keeping an eye out for an RDA 34 HT myself.

lvtwentytwo

Single-Sixer
Hitman,

Are you sure it's the yellow/black box? When I google the RDA-36 or -36T and choose "images" it only shows the red/black/white box. And by the way, I just picked up the SS and it's like 99%! Paid $400. The guy said his father bought it, fired around a box and a half through it and then put it away. He said it originally came with the smaller grips and his father bought the target grips after the fact. They're on the gun now. He also gave me the smaller grips, so I guess this gun is really a RDA-36. Also, the serial number dates it a 1979.

hittman

Staff member
Your RENE guide should have the info or Chet15 will likely know off hand.
Don't have my RENE handy ..... 1979 would of been maybe last 4 or 5 years of production (??) so yeah, my first "guess" would be yellow box.

Hopefully others will see this and chime in with more detailed or accurate info!

Great price. I'd take TWO for that money!

lvtwentytwo

Single-Sixer
He also threw in a box of .357 mag AND told me there were two holsters for the gun that were never used, and that he would give those two to me. He said he was from Michigan. I must say, people from Michigan are so honest! Very refreshing considering people here in Vegas are, let's say, not the most trustworthy.

lvtwentytwo

Single-Sixer
Just checked with Ruger. They say the gun was shipped in the Black/Red box. I've posted a "WTB" in the classifieds