Bought my first non-Ruger revolver

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Rclark

Hunter
I know this is Ruger forum, but had to share..... as it is my first non-Ruger revolver ... ever. :shock: .

Yes, I picked up a 1970 Colt Frontier Scout .22 Missouri S...centennial revolver with red felt lined display box (no papers) today at an estate sale. Has been shot and the gold has 'worn' off the cylinder ( more silver than gold, but bluing looks good yet), so it will be a shooter, but looks like it is in good shape... Know more tonight when I get a chance to 'break' it down. Yep... my first non-Ruger revolver. :D No transfer bar of course, so a five shooter as it has the standard Colt action. All seems to work as it should.

I also picked up a .22 1903 Win Automatic rifle. My wife liked it. First semi-automatic rifle from Winchester. Unique rifle. Since it looks like it only fires the obsolete .22 Win Auto.... Won't be shooting it very often if at all. Show piece :roll: .... Happens to be my first Winchester too :) .

contender

Ruger Guru
Don't worry about it,, a lot of us own firearms not made by Ruger. It's just that most of us have more Rugers than any other brands!

Rclark

Hunter
Here is what it looks like :

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/att ... 1260561978

and a target

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/att ... 1260820431

A bit disappointed. At 25 yards it spreads the bullets out along a line about 3-3 1/2" right from center. Now this was shooting Remington hollow points so didn't expect excellent groups and ... didn't get any. I'll be trying a different brand to see if I can get the groups to tighten. However, I don't expect any brand to 'turn' the bullets back toward center... What would you guys do to 'adjust' the fixed sights? 3" seems a bit excessive to me. Just curious :) .

96/44

Blackhawk
There is still quite a bit of .22WRF ammo floating around, somebody made a batch a few years ago. Around here it doesn't cost much more than WMR. I'd have to shoot the Winchester.

Rclark

Hunter
Yep, not cheap..... $35 for 50 rounds. But may still buy a box just to see how it shoots.... Special occasions....