Bought a Smith & Wesson

Help Support Ruger Forum:

wd4ins

Bearcat
Love the K frame Smiths. I have four model 10's and they all have pencil barrels. I think the pencil barrels are really old school and classy looking. My best deal on a K frame was a snub model 64. I got it a couple of years ago for $150 out the door. It was a law enforcement trade-in and looked way more carried than shot. My wife keeps it in her car console now.

rangerbob

Buckeye
I must really like k frames! I just counted 18 of them and I may have missed one or two. Eight of them are 357's, 1 M13,6 m19's and a m66. Bob!! :mrgreen:

You've got all those K frames and no .22 Jet M53? I've wanted one forever… just can't handle the sticker shock today. Like Ruger Hawkeye prices… same deal… like to have one… unwilling to pay for it.

rangerbob

Buckeye
I had a 8 3/8" M53 back in the seventies, boy are they loud. Most recently, I handled the transfer for not one but two M53's for one of my clients. According to the serial numbers, one of them was first year production. He found both of them on the Internet. Both were just shooters, no boxes, tools, or papers. I loaded 100 rounds of ammo for them using New PP brass and bullets from Grafs. Bob!! 8) :mrgreen:

Like 'hittman' ,we too have a 2 inch,Model 10 sitting here and just picked up this 5 inch this past weekend.................

C3VAgAem.jpg

The M&Ps, ergo Mod. 10, have been the bread and butter of S&W for many years.........

Cordite

Single-Sixer
I have a S&W Model 10-3 with a 4" heavy barrel / round butt that I got from Bud's when they had the Victoria police trade-ins for sale. Finish is holster worn and the backstrap of the grip frame is brown where the cop must have been resting his hand when it was holstered. The grips were worn out (kept them anyway) so I bought a Hogue rubber grip. Very slick action.... shoots great!

Cordite

The Preacher

Single-Sixer
To the OP, it's never a bad thing to buy an older S&W double action as it's my opinion (as much as I love my Rugers!) that at "one time" in the not too distant past...S&W made the finest double action revolvers ever built. Enjoy the Model 10...

The Preacher

Clovishound

Blackhawk
I have owned two model 10s and currently own one. They are great revolvers. I wouldn't worry too much about the finish on it. Sounds like that is why you are getting a great price on it. If the finish fails, you can always strip it and do a cold blue. Not the same as a hot blue, but should stand up to normal wear with a little care. Like you, I would be more concerned with lock up and end shake.

Latest posts