Bought 2 LCR's

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ftlupton

Single-Sixer
Wifey and I took the CCW course so she liked the LCR trigger pull so I traded my Smith 638 and got 2 of the LCR's. Seem smooth out of the box. Don't see a lot of holster selection but am assuming the J frame one should fit good. Anybody tried a DeSantis or Galco? We want a high ride not the IWB model. Thanks.

jpb in me

Single-Sixer
I also have the LCR. Great carry gun. So far i seem to like the pancake style holster the best. Mine was made by a local craftsman but is very similar to the "simply rugged holster" that everyone raves about here. I just bought a uncle mikes IWB that I feel dosen,t go far enough into the waistline. The gun feels to me like its going to pop out of the holster at any time.

Wild Bill '67

Single-Sixer
Try running some internet searches. A few companies are making CCW holsters for the LCR. None of the names rang a bell but I bet Galco will soon release one if one of the J frames doesn't already fit.

ftlupton

Single-Sixer
Thanks for the reply's, I thought j frames would fit. So I'm looking at the Simply Rugged one made for the LCR. (my wife, of course, will make the final decision).

clayflingythingy

Single-Sixer
Early reports on the LCR called the gun J frame sized and asserted it would fit J frame holsters. Your thinking that a J frame holster would fit may be based on remembering those early, and incorrect, reports.

The Simply Rugged Silver Dollar Pancake can't be beat. I have one for my 3 inch SP101's and will be ordering one for my LCR as well.

The LCR will fit a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster for J frames. I must report I find the LCR to be a tad to large for pocket carry, for me, as it just doesn't draw as smoothly from a pocket as a Centennial. IMO, the Nemesis is the best pocket holster going if you should decide to give pocket carry a try.

YMMV

doublebarrel

Single-Sixer
Some j frame holsters will work with a little reshaping,I soaked an old Safariland holster in alchohol and put a sandwich bag on the gun and forced it in to reshape it.Once it dried the gun fit like it was made for it.

DocGlock

Bearcat
doublebarrel":1zd8wwpx said:
I soaked an old Safariland holster in alchohol and put a sandwich bag on the gun and forced it in to reshape it.

Why alcohol? Wouldn't water then air-drying have been better for the leather?