Boss Buck

Help Support Ruger Forum:

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
Had 4 bucks in the back yard this morning trailing one doe. 3 of the bucks were spikes, but here's the boss. About 35 yds away. Season opens mid-Nov, but I won't be taking one.

Click pic to enlarge:

DkD2ofx.jpg

I too understand. Walked out the back door earlier this week and there stood a perfectly legal "tenderoni" buck. Could have reached around and grabbed a gun and dropped him but would have made a mess on the driveway asphalt and woke the neighbors up. Just threw a rock and moved him along to eat somewhere else. Half a homegrown beef got butchered this week so doubt if we'll be hurting from red meat this winter.

warren5421

Single-Sixer
I can set in the swing in the screened in porch and get one just about any day but SWMBO said no holes in the screen. Have counted up to 9 in the pasture/field across the pond. Had a A Tipical 20 plus point buck here for years. A Dodge SUV got him one night, 60 miles on the Dodge, it totaled the new Dodge. 12 and 13 point bucks are on the norm around here now.

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
I can set in the swing in the screened in porch and get one just about any day but SWMBO said no holes in the screen. Have counted up to 9 in the pasture/field across the pond. Had a A Tipical 20 plus point buck here for years. A Dodge SUV got him one night, 60 miles on the Dodge, it totaled the new Dodge. 12 and 13 point bucks are on the norm around here now.

Screen holes are easily patched. About $10 for a roll of screen mend at your local Lowes/Home Depot. :)