Boot question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

KIR

Single-Sixer
I am looking for a pair of boots also, Wellington Dress style. Unfortunately, I have a high in-step and a boot in the size I normally wear, I can't get into, nor the next size larger. My foot would be too loose inside larger sizes. Anything that can be done other than having them custom made?

I can't say. I have a pair of Lucchese boots also.

BUT...

I see on their website they have a store in North Carolina....If you make it to Contender's place, you could swing by and try some on. :)

I am looking for a pair of boots also, Wellington Dress style. Unfortunately, I have a high in-step and a boot in the size I normally wear, I can't get into, nor the next size larger. My foot would be too loose inside larger sizes. Anything that can be done other than having them custom made?
Wear thick socks
gramps

Reactions: KIR

Joeb40-65

Bearcat
I bought a pair of wellingtons from Tecovas. Comfortable right out of the box, but have stretched a lot! Soles wore out really quickly too. I wont buy from them again

ned

Single-Sixer
Wondering if anyone had purchased any Tecovas boots and if so how were they are far as fit goes.
you might want to search for Bowman Wilson boots in LIvingston MT
They make to your needs from a tracing you send them. I bought a pair 15 years ago. I doubt I will live long enough to wear them out.

peachhead

Bearcat
I have a pair and they have been very comfortable. I've only had them for about six months though and I don't wear them every day so I can't speak for their longevity as of yet.

eveled

Hunter
If you like cowboys style boots. Buy yourself a set of boot stretchers to custom fit them to your feet/calf.

They are aluminum shapes that expand by turning handles on long shafts. To stretch them over night. There are different ones depending on what needs stretching.

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
I have talked with a man, total stranger, chance conversation, who was wearing Tecovas boots. His comment was that they were the most comfortable boots he had ever worn, and stated they did run a mite wide for their size. My impression though was that he was not a regular boot wearer.

As for comfort, I believe Tony Lama boots are among the best off-the-shelf boots.

Bob Wright

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
And another comment on Tecovas boots:

Last fall, maybe November or so, I picked out a pair of Tecovas boots from the internet site. When I tried to place my order, the notice came back "This style out of stock in your size." So I quizzed them about when they might possibly expect to have them. Reply was they didn't know, they are hand made in Mexico. I left my email address for notification. Over a year has passed now and still no word. I bought a pair of Justins instead.

Bob Wright

KS25-06

Bearcat
I have had many Justins, Tony Llama's, and two pair of Lucchese's over the years. Been wearing cowboy boots since I was 6 years old. For comfort, IMO you cannot beat Rios Mercedes. Have 3 pairs at the present time.

Busterswoodshop

Buckeye
If you want a good pair of handmade boots , look at Stewart boots.
Made right here in the good old USA in Tucson Arizona.
A little pricey , but you won't find a better boot anywhere.

I pretty much always wear boots... and I have one question for all the ones named above.... which ones are made here in America....

I was at one of those big discount shoe stores a while back and there was a big banner promoting Georgia Boots "working for America'. and then I looked at the boxes they were packed in.... yep... made in China....

hittman

Staff member
Tony Lama has been owned by Justin for about 30 years.
They own several different brands.

Not all of their products are made in the USA. I think their web site says something like Made in the USA using “global parts”.

diffy40

Single-Sixer
Dan Post Boots are mostly still made in USA. I think in Tennessee. I wear them every day. Uppers/Leather will last three years or so. I do have to have the heals resoled a couple times a year.

Latest posts