Book Karma: A Third Face (WINNER PICKED)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I've decided to start a new tradition, Because according to my wife I've been blessed in this life, I'm going to give gifts to my friends on my birthday.
I turn 65 next week... June 21st and so on that day I will choose from members here that put their name on the list to give one of the best books I've ever written in this long life: A Third Face by Samuel Fuller. His autobiography .... and it is one hell of a story. From becoming a copy boy for a newspaper in New York, free lance reporter through the depression, screen writing in Hollywood, foot soldier, 1st infantry division through all of WWII, independent movie director.

Last edited:

eveled

Hunter
I’m in! The coveted 1st spot! Thanks for the chance. Happy Birthday!🎊

last call to be thrown in the hat..... I posted a short section from the book on a different thread here. The one about the young boy standing on the Omaha Beach.....

here it is again:

"I swallowed a ton of salt water mixed with American blood. We struggled like crazy not to drown while making our way through those metal death traps, (These were called Rommel's asparagus, mines attached to iron obstacles.) and around all the floating bodies. Mortar shells started to fall like hail. It was two hundred yards from the landing craft to Omaha Beach, the longest distance I'd ever travel......."

From Samuel Fuller's "A Third Face"

What follows after that I can't even come close to describing or explaining

Bennj1

Bearcat
Blume, the video was very inspiring to watch. Please add me to the list for "A Third Face". Thanks.

Since only 6 folks put there name in the hat I decided to roll a dice .... but I decided to roll it until the same number came up twice.... first roll was four, second was five and third was FOUR again and so Fox Mike is the winner. Private message me with your mailing address Fox Mike and I'll get it to you in the next couple of days....

Thank you Blume! This has been one of the best books I've ever read. Just finished it and now it's the wife's turn. When she has completely reading it I will again put it up for grabs.

Last edited:

Latest posts