bobbed hammer for my speed six?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Joaquin

Bearcat
Can anyone suggest where I can get a bobbed hammer for my Speed Six? I'd rather keep my spurred hammer stock and not bob it. Or where I can get a spurred hammer that I can have bobbed? I called Ruger and they said that they no longer stock this part.

nn

Single-Sixer
Good idea not cutting down the orginal hammer.

Joaquin

Bearcat
Thank you Aggie! Just what I need. Can you tell me whether a new hammer will need fitting? Or whether a very middling kind of gunsmith could do it himself?

azrugershooter

Single-Sixer
Joaquin":2n19qb06 said:
Thank you Aggie! Just what I need. Can you tell me whether a new hammer will need fitting? Or whether a very middling kind of gunsmith could do it himself?

Well as for the fit since the hammers slide through the frame it should fit in that respect. And since you are putting a bobbed hammer you not using it for single action operation anymore. The engagement of the hammer & trigger shouldn't be a issue. I put a bobbed hammer on a police six 15 years ago and had no issues other than taking the gun apart and swapping out the hammer.

Joaquin

Bearcat
Thanks to everyone who helped me out with my project. The bobbed hammer took all of ten minutes to install and I now have my new carry! Now all I need is an appropriate holster.