Bob Mundan Vaquero Pics added

Help Support Ruger Forum:

1gunsnotenough

Buckeye
Stopped at my local gunshop today and they had a Ruger Vaquero in .45 Colt. 4 5/8 barrel supposedly engraved by Bob Mundan. Gun was fully engraved. It did have a cylinder ring and the previouse owners initials on the strap at the bottom of the trigger frame. They were asking $475.00. What do you guys think of price. I like autos but it is very tempting.

contender

Ruger Guru
I would be more interested to know if Bob had done the action job.
You can contact Bob to verify if he did the gun. I'm not sure if he does engraving or not,, but I do know he does do a lot of action jobs.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
If it sounds too good of a deal to be true... People make claims all the time, dealers included, but without proper documentation it's all heresay.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
1gunsnotenough":1glh87nw said:
I asked if he had any paper work verifying it was Bob Mundans and he did not have any.

That being the case...I have a whole closet full of Munden revolvers, a few wned by presidents and a few personally owned by WBR himself. :lol:

1gunsnotenough

Buckeye
the shop owner is not claiming it was by Mundan. he was just stating what the seller told him. As he offered it to me for $425.00 and stated he would not claim it as a Mundan gun. Shopowner is good guy as I buy about a gun a month from him. But as just a engraved Vaquero made in 1999 $425.00 doesn't seem like a bad price. I have 2 pics I took with phone.
0919091332a.jpg

[/img]
0919091331a1.jpg

caryc

Hawkeye
If someone has been using it for fast draw (since the original seller claimed it was a Munden gun) check it over thoroughly. Check for cylinder lock up and no play. Remove the cylinder and look at the bolt also.

1gunsnotenough

Buckeye
It is tight. I have looked it over twice. I have e-mailed Bob Munden to see if I can get some info on gun. Flatgate thanks for the link to Munden. Not sounding stupid where is the bolt on a revolver. I have shot autos 99% of my life and have very little revolver knowledge. Anything else should I look for. He is holding it for me until Monday. BlkHawk73 I have to ask if any of the past presidents guns you have are Reagans. If so I would be interested.

caryc

Hawkeye
The bolt is what comes up in the bottom of the cylinder frame window and locks into the bolt stops in the cylinder to hold it in place.

caryc

Hawkeye
flatgate":28xwtv4n said:
Bolt is a Colt term. Cylinder Latch is what Ruger uses. Freedom Arms calls it a Lock.

I know, sematics...........

flatgate

Hmmm......never paid much attention to stuff like that. Funny, because I'm not a Colt guy.....don't even own one. Always considered them way over priced and over hyped.

Latest posts