BNV224SI and BNV225SI

Help Support Ruger Forum:

RPM Enterprises

Buckeye
Both have address on bottom of barrel :D
I also noticed Bobs and mine the serial numbers are opposite each other on the barrel length. His high number is for the 5" where mine is the lower number. :?

Guys, I know this is an old thread, but I figured this is as good a place as any to ask a couple of questions. I just recently traded into a Baby Vaquero, model BNV-224-SI. I traded my LC9 for it and had intended for it to be a shooter for Cowboy Action practice for the spouse. The gun has never been fired and only handled once or twice. I was doing some research on it and found this thread. So now the questions: Is this gun truly a collector's gun?
What would the value be approximated. Should I keep it as it is, in the hopes that it will be worth more down the road? The serial number is: 268-234XX
And if I sold it, where would be the best place to list it..GunBroker..Guns of America..Here? Thanks to anyone who replies.

Wow I would have thought these were something true Ruger Collectors would want. I think they are great looking, have a good feel when in hand, and really, who needs the second 22 mag cylinder anyway. I just wanted to find as much info as I could and if it is truly a collector item, I wanted to get it to someone who actually does collect. I don't collect guns I will not shoot. I guess I will list it locally and see if I get some bites. I need one I can shoot. Thanks WMG for your response.

Chance

Buckeye
I've had a consecutive set on my tables for months with practically zip interest. They are neat and unusual Single Six examples and if they don't sell, it won't hurt my feelings.

Chance said:
I've had a consecutive set on my tables for months with practically zip interest. They are neat and unusual Single Six examples and if they don't sell, it won't hurt my feelings.

Just curious, how much have you been asking for the consecutive set and what are the barrel lengths? I assume they are both NIB....

Thanks for the information, I have three currently...and think they will gain in value in the future as they are really very nice revolvers, the list price of $699.00 was a little hefty to most folks- I believe- and that has resulted in low interest NOW...they will be a good investment.

Chance

Buckeye
Nh Rugerman said:
Just curious, how much have you been asking for the consecutive set and what are the barrel lengths? I assume they are both NIB....

Yup, Nh Rugerman, they are Factory New, BNV-224-SI, 4 5/8 bbl.

Have them marked at $970.00 for the set. SN#'s are probably pretty near the end of the run: 268-57849 & 268-57850. Both spent case envelopes stamped Mar 02, 2011. While the earlier box end labels were orange the labels on these boxes are white.

Chance wrote;

"Yup, Nh Rugerman, they are Factory New, BNV-224-SI, 4 5/8 bbl.

Have them marked at $970.00 for the set. SN#'s are probably pretty near the end of the run: 268-57849 & 268-57850. Both spent case envelopes stamped Mar 02, 2011. While the earlier box end labels were orange the labels on these boxes are white."

I have three of these as I mentioned, two of which have serial numbers that start 268-580xx and 268-584XX..I also noticed this morning that Davidson's still have 6ea. BNV-225-SI available. I have paid an average of $448.00 for them, I am working on getting a consecutive pair that contains a -224 & -225 that may end up having a Talo GKNRBH-3F-I Model #00669 as a consecutive to them!! (But I am not going to believe it til I see it)

thanks for the information,
Regards

yessir, they are a tough sell, at first the cowboy shooters wanted them for "cross draw " guns, but that did NOT last long, took 3 months to sell two of them , the last one I trade for a Smith & Wesson.........AND good luck ever trying to find "grips for them, those short grips are few and NONE.....

chet15

Hawkeye
Nh Rugerman said:
I am working on getting a consecutive pair that contains a -224 & -225 that may end up having a Talo GKNRBH-3F-I Model #00669 as a consecutive to them!! (But I am not going to believe it til I see it)

There would be a first!! Three guns consecutively serial numbered and three different models! WOWWW!
Chet15

chet15 said:
Nh Rugerman said:
I am working on getting a consecutive pair that contains a -224 & -225 that may end up having a Talo GKNRBH-3F-I Model #00669 as a consecutive to them!! (But I am not going to believe it til I see it)

There would be a first!! Three guns consecutively serial numbered and three different models! WOWWW!
Chet15

Exactly why I am very sceptical.....seems so unlikely especially since two are Ruger "case color" and the Talo unit is polished stainless....I will let you know if it happens, until then....carry on... :lol:

Latest posts