Blue/CC Vaquero Bisley 44 Mag

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jebstuart

Single-Sixer
Need help from the Ruger Guru's:

I'm sure this has been covered (most things have been) here but I can find nothing on this revolver.

It,s a Blue/CC - Bisley - Vaquero -5 1/2" in 44 Mag.

I guess they are not current production but I can't find one in past or sold listing on GB either.

Can anyone give a value estimate on this? I kinda want to sell it.

Thanks for the help,
Jeb

Pictures:

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to the Forum!
You are correct in that these guns haven't been made in a while. In fact, that main frame is the Original Vaquero, vs the current, "New Vaquero" with the smaller mid frame.
As with applying any values, it's about condition, condition, condition. The pics look good, but it matters if you have the original box, all the papers etc. Next, I see it has some wear showing. All that affects the values. On the plus side, it wasn't as a common caliber as others, & as such, it may command a bit more when selling. I would value it in the $500-$600 range depending upon the box & all. JMO!

jebstuart

Single-Sixer
Thank you for the response and information Guru. Very helpful. I wanted to list this on this forum for sale, but for lack of knowledge on this model, I might be better off listing it on an auction site. If I list it for too much here I might have to take a brow beating. How much would you listed at if it were yours? No box or papers just the revolver.

contender said:
Welcome to the Forum!
You are correct in that these guns haven't been made in a while. In fact, that main frame is the Original Vaquero, vs the current, "New Vaquero" with the smaller mid frame.
As with applying any values, it's about condition, condition, condition. The pics look good, but it matters if you have the original box, all the papers etc. Next, I see it has some wear showing. All that affects the values. On the plus side, it wasn't as a common caliber as others, & as such, it may command a bit more when selling. I would value it in the $500-$600 range depending upon the box & all. JMO!

schloss

Single-Sixer
About $600 where I'm at. Lovely looking piece. I wish I was in the shape to be buying stuff right now. I don't think I've ever seen one of those in person.

chet15

Hawkeye
We sold the Vaquero collection a while back and the most we could get for any of them on gunbroker was $525/$550...and those were all NIB with shipping cartons if they came with with them.
Chet15

jebstuart

Single-Sixer
Conversation with wife:

Well, damn honey, I guess I'll have to keep it. The markets soft right now. But I'll sell it when the market comes back - No Kidding! Love you!

Does that sound about right?

Thanks for all the input guys.
Jeb

308longdistance

Blackhawk
jebstuart said:
I wish I had been the one who bought that bone handle with the cross draw. Mind telling me where you got that cross draw holster?

Pretty sure I bought that here in the classifieds, but I don't recall the maker. It was a very nice belt and holster.

Found the add when I sold it.....

San Pedro right hand cross draw holster for 5.5" large frame Vaquero or Blackhawk. Belt is 2.5" wide and 39.5" from center of buckle to middle hole, 7 holes. Belt is marked 40, loops are for 44/45 cal. It fits around my 36" waist and over my belt, pants, and shirt. Very good condition. Shown with 5.5" 44M Vaquero (not included).

Sacramento Johnson

Blackhawk
Hi!
That Ruger Bisley model in 44 mag is a good, strong revolver, capable of the high end Ruger loads (unlike the currently made Vaqueros). If you ever have need for a powerful (way beyond the majority of semi-autos) handgun, that Ruger Bisley will do! (The shape of the grip also is a benefit when dealing with high power rounds.) Also, they aren't made any more and it would be difficult to replace. Keep it, take it out and plink with some 44 special rounds or light loaded 44 mag rounds and smile inside knowing you have a special shooter with a unique range of uses, if needed!

jebstuart

Single-Sixer
Sacramento Johnson said:
Hi!
That Ruger Bisley model in 44 mag is a good, strong revolver, capable of the high end Ruger loads (unlike the currently made Vaqueros). If you ever have need for a powerful (way beyond the majority of semi-autos) handgun, that Ruger Bisley will do! (The shape of the grip also is a benefit when dealing with high power rounds.) Also, they aren't made any more and it would be difficult to replace. Keep it, take it out and plink with some 44 special rounds or light loaded 44 mag rounds and smile inside knowing you have a special shooter with a unique range of uses, if needed!

I completely agree with you but the Ruger SA's are starting to pile up a little bit and I'm really more of a Blackhawk -vs- Vaquero guy.

I think I'll list it for trade - that might be the best avenue.

Thanks for your response,
Jeb

Dirknar

Bearcat
That is a beautiful vaquero! To bad you can't hold onto it. I've always wanted that exact model! Hard to find locally... if I was in position, I'd buy it. But alas these guys are right , regarding where the market is. Cause I'm looking for a glock 19 and trying to finish an AR build just like everyone else! Haha

Luckily I have a Blackhawk flat top.44 mag that I'll never sell.

Latest posts