Blast from the past…

Help Support Ruger Forum:

G2

Hunter
Back in 1984 I cleaned out my parents house and found these in a drawer near where my Dad would re-load.
Along with some cast lead bullets a few die sets, & vintage beam scale.
These would have been purchased ~1972/73, Doyle's was our local hardware/ sporting goods store.
They have been in the bottom box that I packed them up in, with some other non related items that I did not pack in the box,,, thus the reason they have been AWOL. At the time I missed them and just figured they got shuffled out, one way or the other, with the clean up.
Good thing is they have been stored in a cool dry place since purchased. Back when I found them it was a welcome find.
TODAY,,,, Re-found, feel like I found real prize. $$$

900 LRP
52659054895_abcd3e9cb7_c.jpg

52658608511_27a6c47939_c.jpg

57springer

Buckeye
Cool ! I have some old ammo from 50 years ago when I was a new hunter . 22's marked at $. 59 a box :). Some old paper shotgun ammo etc , I look at these and sure does bring back some good memories !

gunman42782

Hunter
Yeah, those are pretty old! Cheapest I ever bought a brick of primers was $10, and I been reloading a long time now, at least 35 years.

Back those days, I was loading 22/250 for 10 cents a round or less. Would have been cheaper but my budget prevented buying more than one box of bullets or primers at a time.
In the early 70's we walked into a store (maybe an early TARGET store) in Indianola Iowa on the way home from visiting my oldest Brother. In the sporting goods dept there was a clearance sale sign on a pile of ammo. Federal 22/250 was $2.45 per box. We went through what we had and figured how much it would cost for gas on the return trip and came up with a little over $20. Eight boxes of factory loaded ammo was more than I'd ever had at one time.
AIN'T THAT WAY NO MORE.

harley08

Blackhawk
I have a box of 5000 small rifle primers that I paid $75.00 for about a year or 2 ago. What happened to the prices?

When I was living in Arizona just a few years ago (2019?), one of the local gun shops would take in used reloading equipment & reloading supplies from time to time. I got so used to paying 1 or 2 cents each for secondhand primers, that I passed on buying a boatload the owner marked 3 cents each (seemed high priced at the time). Not the first stupid mistake I ever made, and likely not the last! On the plus side, I'm still using a bunch of different propellants I got there, for $5 to $10 a pound!
:)