Blackhawk style holster for P95

Help Support Ruger Forum:

d_striker

Bearcat
I have had a Fobus holster for my P95 for awhile now. I have a Blackhawk Serpa holster for my Sig and like it way more than the Fobus. I just don't like the locking mechanism on Fobus holsters.

Blackhawk doesn't make a holster for the P95. Although the P95 fits tightly into my Blackhawk, it's not a great match. Anyone know if one of the other model Blackhawk serpa holsters will accommodate the P95?

What about other brands of holsters?

Look for one that will fit a Sig 239, it should work for the Ruger P95, I think. It really will depend on the holster though....

I looked at the various specs for Glock and Sig vs the P95 and there were a few Glocks that were close, don't remember the numbers now...but it seems the Sig 239 was really close and so I ordered a Bianchi in the waste band holster for a the 239 that fits the P95.

Pyromike

Single-Sixer
(Sorry D_Stryker. Sent you a PM without reading this post first. )

For anyone else interested, I contacted Blackhawk and asked about a Serpa holster for the P95. They said they don't make one. Guess I'll have to try a few out!

A

Anonymous

I was comparing my P95 to a SIG 229 at the range side by side and they seem to have identical dimensions, so the 229/239 may be your best bet for a similar fit.

d_striker

Bearcat
No stores in my area carry Blackhawk holsters so I can't take my P95 in to see if it fits. I don't really want to order a holster for the P239 unless it's positively confirmed by someone that it fits.

If anyone does take the plunge, please post your results here! Thanks.

bueller

Bearcat
Very interested also. I recently had to stop carrying my P95 for plainclothes work because of a new order requiring security holsters. I have a duty holster for the P95 but it is much to large for plainclothes. Will post if I find a Serpa that fits.

bueller

Bearcat
WTF... I just checked the blackhawk website and it shows a serpa for the p95. I know it wasn't there before and I like a previous poster even called them.

Just tried contacting them but they are closed for the day.

bueller

Bearcat
Just got off the phone with blackhawk. They confirmed that a serpa cqc holster is being made for the P95 but I was told that it was in the planning stages therefore it will probably not be available for 60-90 days. I then asked if it was designed for the new model with the rail or the old model which is what I have. The representive was not positive but guessed it would be for the older model without the rail. I am half tempted to place an order online and see what happens. I can't wait to carry my P95 again, it is the most reliable 9mm I own.

d_striker

Bearcat
Wow! Nice find Bueller. I just ordered one from Tactical Submission. I guess we'll see how it pans out. I'll keep you posted.

d_striker

Bearcat
I just got a call from them. They told me that they haven't even received the holsters from Blackhawk yet but they are taking back orders. They said they probably won't get them until Feb-Mar.

Hoosier

Bearcat
I ordered a Serpa for my P89 over a month ago and it is still on backorder. I was told hopefully the middle of this month.

rmansu2

Single-Sixer
benja, do you have the P95 with or without the rail. I contacted blackhawk and the person I have been in contact with doesn't seem to know much about their products. All the can tell me is that it will fit an unmodified p95.

benja455

Bearcat
I have the P95 with the rail (bought it in May).

Here's my story. I originally ordered the Blackhawk Serpa holster for the P95 from Optics Planet.com...they had a better price than anyone plus free shipping. I called and asked them if this one would work with the new P95 with the rail and they said yes.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/blackhawk-c ... inish.html

Then I got an e-mail that the holster was on backorder and that it would take 3 months for them to get it. I immediately canceled the order.

I went directly to Blackhawk and called them, they told me that they had a holster for the original P95 (no rail) but that they were redesigning it to work with the new (rail) P95. They said it wasn't done yet but they were in the testing phase and that it would be done by early August.

I checked the Blackhawk website in late August and the holster had been removed from their online store (it had been up there when I checked in the spring - that's how I compared prices, initially)...I called, they said they had over 300 or 400 on backorder because of testing/production problems. I asked once again if this holster would be compatible with my new (rail) P95 and they said they didn't know...I told them that the first Blackhawk employee had confirmed this and they said they weren't sure.

At this point, I KNOW you can order it now and when it becomes avaliable, they will ship it. You will not be charged until it ships. I still haven't gotten a clear answer of when it will be made avaliable or if it works with the new (rail) P95.

I really love Blackhawk products and I really want a Serpa holster but this is getting out of hand.

Paine

Bearcat
I know this is kind of an old topic but maybe someone still checks it, has anyone actually gotten their a serpa for the P95 yet? I saw it pop back up on the blackhawk website again last month and when I e-mailed them they said they would be shipping this month, which I've heard before. I heard it about 6 times over 5 months. So I'm not really taking them at their word.

Anyone?

Latest posts