Blackhawk SS 4 5/8" Flattop in .44 Special - Anchorage

Help Support Ruger Forum:

AKGrouch

Bearcat
yep, you read it right. I know it exists b/c I fondled it greatly today in my own two paws. It's located at Mt. View Sports in Anchorage for anyone that wants it. I was also in another dealer's shop later today and mentioned what I had seen. He said there was no such thing and then looked in his Ruger dealer's paperwork to confirm it. He then showed my the latest catalog listings for 2010 and proved that it was not listed in SS by Ruger, only blue for a new model, not a flattop. Mountain View Sports has a price of $595.00 on it. It has the black grips and was darn sure hard to walk away from today. That barrel length balances so nice, I'm tempted to go back and get it.......(I better get off of here and think about something else)....The only way I was able to walk away without it is because I got one of the Lipsey blue models 3 months ago.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
The stainless flattop - for now ;) - is a TALO model. Might be a 5 1/2" model coming later but nothing concrete on that one yet.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Be it paper or cardboard, a steel plate or a game animal, the target doesn't care about the number of clicks. ;)

Arokcrwlr

Blackhawk
BlkHawk is correct - it's a TALO exclusive. They do exist and I have one. :)

2668383020055011840S600x600Q85.jpg

ProfessorWes

Hunter
Spotted a stainless TALO .44 SPL Flattop a couple of weeks ago at Show-Me Shooters in Claycomo, MO (KC metro). Nice action. Wanted $599 plus tax; it might still be there.

Six hundred dollars is a little more than I really want to spend right now on another gun, but I'm still kicking myself for not picking it up.

Dale53

Blackhawk
I am not prepared to discuss price on any of these. However, a year from now, $100 may not seem like too much extra to pay for a really fine execution of a superb revolver in a GOOD caliber.

I got my .44 Lipsey Special last July for quite a bit less (10% above dealer cost) and absolutely wouldn't take twice what I paid for it. It is THAT good! I am not a "fanboy" just because it has a particular brand name on it. THIS one is a really nice piece. To me, stainless would be even better (but I prefer my 5½" barrel) than my blued one but I didn't have a choice when mine was available. No, I will NOT be trading - mine is too good to take a chance on getting something less (not that it will be a probable happening...).

FWIW
Dale53