Blackhawk Serpa safe?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
Would this holster be one of the safer ones for a SR9 ? I believe it locks up inside on the trigger guard. Its needed for a ccw carry, plus for the beginers class[combat]. Would the "Paddle" attachment be better for carry compared to the belt loop set up ? I'm 5' 8" and 157lbs..... Thanks for your time!

collector rob

Bearcat
My dept. now issues the Blackhawk level 3 Serpa. We are also allowed to use the level 2 Serpa for off-duty use. They are pretty good holsters, and easy to use. I would caution againt the paddle until you become familiar with the holster. It was not uncommon for shooters new to the holster, (with paddle attachment) to fail to completely disengage the the trigger guard release during the draw. This resulted in the gun being drawn with the holster attached.
That being said, I would order it with both mounting options, but start out with the belt attachment.

Just my 2 cents.

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
collector rob":2wnt8qeu said:
My dept. now issues the Blackhawk level 3 Serpa. We are also allowed to use the level 2 Serpa for off-duty use. They are pretty good holsters, and easy to use. I would caution againt the paddle until you become familiar with the holster. It was not uncommon for shooters new to the holster, (with paddle attachment) to fail to completely disengage the the trigger guard release during the draw. This resulted in the gun being drawn with the holster attached.
That being said, I would order it with both mounting options, but start out with the belt attachment.

Just my 2 cents.

A big thanks to ya for your reply!!! I found some good reads on a level #2 or #3 . I will get a level 2...

kscott

Single-Sixer
3LD, I bought a level 2 SERPA a month or two ago, and I really like it a lot. I usually just use for around the house and at range as I have only OC'd a couple times. I'd recommend it.

Leucoandro

Single-Sixer
I have wondered how the Serpa would work for concealed carry....I have been thinking about the Serpa CQC level II. for my Sig P220

I am just not sure how well it would work for CC.

Also I have one of the older pre-rail P220's, so it is my understanding I would have to fill some of the extra space in the holster to get a good snug fit.

Charlie

tdyoung58

Bearcat
3leggeddog":21nbg6je said:
Would this holster be one of the safer ones for a SR9 ? I believe it locks up inside on the trigger guard. Its needed for a ccw carry, plus for the beginers class[combat]. Would the "Paddle" attachment be better for carry compared to the belt loop set up ? I'm 5' 8" and 157lbs..... Thanks for your time!

I have one for my P345 and never use it, I HATE the paddle backing and only ever used the belt backing.

Said to hell with it and use a leather OWB holster everywhere, all the time

Hoosier

Bearcat
One of the local officers showed me his Blackhawk and I decided to try one out. Every website I checked said they didn't make one for the P89 anymore and were discontinued but the Blackhawk site did still show a Serpa for it. When I contacted them, they said it was on backorder for approx a month and that was about 3 weeks ago so hopefully it will come sometime soon.

Latest posts