Blackhawk pre-warning model

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ranger1

Buckeye
I have a New Model :) Blackhawk 357/9mm, without the warning label on the barrell. According to Ruger's website, the pistol was made in 1977. My question is are these models more in demand than a model with the warning label?

RonEgg

Blackhawk
I don't know about resale value, but most folks I have talked to Hate the warning. I have eight Ruger revolvers. The ones with the warning have been taken off or one has the warning on the bottom of the barrel. I have only one left with the total warning and when I decide what I want done to that Blackhawk, the first thing will be to get rid of it.

flatgate

Hawkeye
I usually just set the gun down so the warning is on the back side. They look real nice.

Sticks and Stones....... but not rollmarks..........

I think it's a "non-issue" to the serious collector. To the shooter it's just a mild stumbling block and those whom have the desire to remove it will find out a way......

:D

flatgate

Actually, to the true collector it's yet another "variation". The "warning" first appeared in 1978, according to RENE.

Theoretically, removing the "warning label" would destroy any collector value the gun might have, although there were a whole bunch made with the "warning".

The "pre-warning" guns appear to be a little more desirable to some folks, but it's a personal preference.

Since I don't "do" New Models it's of no concern to me whatever.

All JMHO, of course.

:)

Latest posts