Blackhawk Hunter .45Colt

Help Support Ruger Forum:

psyclone66

Single-Sixer
I am trying to figure out just how unique my Hunter(KS-457NH) is. I have searched for pics and have been looking at small ones in for sale ads with a magnifying glass. I have yet to see its mention or a picture if it.
I am going to try and learn how to post a pic this weekend.

Q: Does anybody else have a centerfire Hunter that does NOT have the word SUPER in the second line on the writing side.
notSuperBlackHawk45Hunter.jpg

Edited to include picture. After countless attempts I finally got a picture up.

chet15

Hawkeye
psyclone66":2uu0y4rp said:
I am trying to figure out just how unique my Hunter(KS-457NH) is. I have searched for pics and have been looking at small ones in for sale ads with a magnifying glass. I have yet to see its mention or a picture if it.
I am going to try and learn how to post a pic this weekend.

Q: Does anybody else have a centerfire Hunter that does NOT have the word SUPER in the second line on the writing side?

I believe there was a couple pics of the Hunter rollmark on the left side of the frame a while ago on RF. One was for a .41 Hunter and the other for a .45 Hunter.
Yes, send me a P.M. and I can make a mention of it in my "New Varieties" column in the upcoming Red Eagle News Exchange. Putting the word out will get everybody else to looking at their guns. I'll also need to know the serial number on it, because chances are Ruger built more than one in the batch.
Chet15

psyclone66

Single-Sixer
Gents, I wish I had been able to include a picture with my post. I tried and retried a few times, but I am the one legged man in an a$$kicking contest on photobucket. Paste the code in your browser and there is a 1024x768 jpeg, just can not get it to show up. Feel free to email any picposting hints. Thanks.

psyclone66

Single-Sixer
chad- a public thank u for the picture help.

jimbo-Doubt "they" will make you one with a shorter barrel, but there is a thread nearby showing it has been done.

bis-Normal rollmark up top, inclusive of SUPER. So I guess it is half super.

xlch- Those grips look fantastic on an SS gun. Got venison jerky?

I actually had this revolver for a while b4 I noticed anything odd. I just assumed the 41s and the 45s were not SUPER. Any others???

32magfan

Blackhawk
I just picked up a 45 Super Blackhawk Bisley Hunter a couple of weeks ago and it has "Super" on the side of the frame. I really like this gun as it has the 2nd best trigger of any SA I have ever fired. :D
A friend also gave me a Simmons 2.5X scope to mount on it. It's black but who cares? Not me.

I got it for $525 out the door so I thought I came out pretty good.

Thanks,

32Magfan

psyclone66

Single-Sixer
cr- I remember that thread, I actually replied mentioning what I had. I read Axe's text and was thinking the included 3 pictures were of Hunters. I may have made an invalid assumption about the 3rd picture.

I shared particulars with Chet15, and I think he implied this variation was new to him. I thought that was cool considering he has a large compilation of data and they have been making Hunters for quite awhile.
If u think u got an oddball, he either knows about it or wants to know about it.

Check the third picture in this ad.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =137014481
And I think I saw a 41BisleyHunter missing SUPER, but it sold b4 I saved a picture. Only a matter of time till some show up. Hopefully here.

bigbore45colt

Hunter
Is it my eyes or does psyclone66's Hunter have an XR3-RED gripframe and not the longer SBH-length gripframe?

If so, it could explain why there is no "Super" in the rollmark?

BB45C

Axehandle

Buckeye
The 41-44-45 Super Blackhawk cylinder frames I posted pictures of were in fact three Bisley Hunters.... The 41 and 45 Hunters are clearly documented in the RENE as as Davidson's and Lipsey's exclusives...

flatgate

Hawkeye
bigbore45colt":o9nhwwnu said:
Is it my eyes...........??
BB45C

Yup, I guess you're just loosing it BB45C....... :D

They certainly look like "my favorite" grip frames to me!!

52725233.jpg

And you know I'll do "whatever it takes" to have a Hunter grip frame on a favorite ol' Shooter!!!

85490282.jpg

:D

flatgate

psyclone66

Single-Sixer
BB45C-the grip frame is the slightly longer version u would expect on a Hunter.

Axehandle-I appreciate the clarification. Maybe my reply was in the ballpark afterall. A yes to my original question in this post for a reason I had not imagined at the time I asked. I musta looked at hundreds of pictures of .44Hunters and never saw one like that.

Flatgate-melikes that grip too, even got room for a pinkie!!

JesterGrin_1

Single-Sixer
Very welcome. I am going to put a Ultradot Matchdot on mine as soon as it comes in. :).
Once it is mounted I may even post a pic lol. :)

Latest posts