Blackhawk front sight

Help Support Ruger Forum:

.Dirty-.Thirty

Bearcat
Anybody have a source for a replacement sight for the blackhawk in a high visibilty configuration? I am having trouble with focusing on the rear and bluring the front sight,which is no good for me. Anybody know a quick fix for my troubles? .Dirty-.30

contender

Ruger Guru
About the best we could offer w/o going the custom route,, is to use some high viz types of paint on the front sight.
Now,, lets address your sighting methods.
Yor eyes can NOT focus on more than 1 object at a time. You have 3 to consider. The rear sight, the front sight, and the target. All serious instructors in handgunning will tell you to put your main focus on the front sight,, with the rear being a little blurry, and the target the most out of focus.
I hope that helps a bit.

sbhg

Bearcat
.Dirty-.Thirty":3qumm5p0 said:
Anybody have a source for a replacement sight for the blackhawk in a high visibilty configuration? I am having trouble with focusing on the rear and bluring the front sight,which is no good for me. Anybody know a quick fix for my troubles? .Dirty-.30

I hate to tell ya, but you are supposed to let the rear go fuzzy and focus on the front sight.
Is it a blued gun or a sst gun?
If blued, you will have to have a gunsmith install a front sight.
If a stainless gun, you can put on one of these yourself.
http://www.hivizsights.com/RB2008-Ruger ... 25C10.aspx

Pal Val

Buckeye
You all beat me to the draw. "Focus on the front sight" is a mantra for me when teaching people the fundamentals.

.Dirty-.Thirty

Bearcat
You guys misunderstood my post or I misled you with the way I worded. Since I'm wanting a high visibility front, I am wanting to focus on my front sight, but since I can't see the front, the trouble is coming from focusing on the rear. My pistola is stainless and the front blade is removable thanks to a pin to knock out. I will check the links and appreciate the willingness to help! .Dirty-.30

Tommy Kelly

Buckeye
I always paint the front sight with either a bright red or orange paint. Only the ramp on the back side and use a toothpick to apply the paint. I use testors model paint. It comes in some super bright colors and a small bottle will do a bunch of sights. Clean the sight ramp with alcahol first and let it dry. Then dip about 1/16" of of the tip of the toothpick in the paint and toutch it to the sight the paint will fill up the serated grooves then let it dry overnight. This will usually last for about a year then just brush it off and reapply. You can take a papertowel and remove any that goes outside the grooves easily when wet. This works good and is easily applied as needed.

Aqualung

Blackhawk
Tommy Kelly":2g2xte2x said:
I always paint the front sight with either a bright red or orange paint. Only the ramp on the back side and use a toothpick to apply the paint. I use testors model paint. It comes in some super bright colors and a small bottle will do a bunch of sights. Clean the sight ramp with alcahol first and let it dry. Then dip about 1/16" of of the tip of the toothpick in the paint and toutch it to the sight the paint will fill up the serated grooves then let it dry overnight. This will usually last for about a year then just brush it off and reapply. You can take a papertowel and remove any that goes outside the grooves easily when wet. This works good and is easily applied as needed.

I use the brightest, most obnoxious orange fingernail polish I can find.

Did my Dad's muzzleloader sight with it and he loved it until we got him a fiber-optic set.

All my handguns have the fingernail polish applied, unless they have their own bright sights.

Aqualung

Latest posts