Blackhawk front sight question.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Lanesdad

Bearcat
HiViz makes a fiber optic front sight for the Blackhawk revolvers, but I have seen it stated that it is not compatable with 45 colt models. Can anyone verify this, and if so why? Can anyone tell me if there are any other fiber optic options. I'm only in need of the front sight.

Thanks guys.
Kerry

contender

Ruger Guru
More info is necessary.
Only the stainless models can have replaceable front sights. The blued guns require heat,, which also requires re-blueing.
And as for the Hi_Viz,, why not contact them to see why their sight isn't compatible with the .45?

Lanesdad

Bearcat
DHD,
Thank you for responding, yes I do have a stainless blackhawk.

contender,
Why post here first rather than contact HiViz ?

1. I figured that if there was a non-HiViz alternative that I was not familiar with, the odds of being pointed in that
direction would be a bit better here than with HiViz.

2. It seemed to me that the most likely reason would be sight height. That is obviously relative to bullet weight /
speed and barrel length. I kinda figured if anyone had ever played around with such combinations to see if it
would work, once again I would be more likely to find that answer here rather than with HiViz.

Tanks guys,
Kerry

contender

Ruger Guru
Hi Kerry, understood. You were inquiring about Hi-Viz, and had said; "I have seen it stated that it is not compatable with 45 colt models. Can anyone verify this, and if so why?"
That was where I was going with my response about contacting Hi-Viz.
As for other options,, due to the fact that many people do not like things like fiber optics on SA handguns,, the market is not very big for them. And as such, Hi-Viz is about the only one who makes a production front sight for the stainless model. I have seen a few custom sights,, but they are a PIA to make from what little I've seen.