Blackhawk Flat Top .44 pricing?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Ray Newman

Blackhawk
Colleagues: age and medical maladies are starting to "follow me home" more and more, so I am cleaning out the collection. I have two NIB/unfired Ruger .44 Special Flat Top Black Hawks that friend is coming by next week to look at. One is the standard grip, the other a Bisley, made for Lipsey's circa 2010.

I looked on several auction sites and cannot find any of these listed for sale. Anyone have an idea as to a realistic selling price? Thanks!

Addendum: Both are blued with 5.5" barrels. Standard grip catalogue# NVB445-Spcl; Bisley, catalogue # RNVB445-Spcl

Last edited:

Ray Newman

Blackhawk
WeaselMeatGravy: thanks for that information. Nothing unusual about the two .44 Specials that I have. I updated the post to show barrel length and catalogue number. Have a better idea as to what they may be worth.
Again, thanks.

Rclark

Hunter
Interesting -- NIB ;) . I have exactly what you have except both are shooters. Wouldn't part with them at this point in my life. Mine, I feel, are some of the best revolvers to come out of the Ruger factory.

As for NIB value, I probably wouldn't go lower than $600 in todays dollars.... And I am sure there is someone out there that would go 'much' higher than that if bidding on 'em....

Attachments

• flattop44SpecialsSmall.jpg
    flattop44SpecialsSmall.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 119

Ray Newman

Blackhawk
Rclark: Yup, NIB! Bought them on a whim as I once had a Smith M24, which I enjoyed. Foolishly sold it off. Then a few years later, I bought a Smith 29 that I shot with light .44 mag and .44 Spec'l. loads. I really enjoyed shooting the M29. My nephew now has it and he thinks it is the "cat's meow"!
When Ruger came out with the Flat Tops in .44 Spec'.l, I decided to buy them as I enjoyed the round. Put them in the safe but projects/repairs around the house, wife's illness, shooting Black Powder cartridges, and life in general just "got in the way." This year, I decided to thin out the safe as I am not getting any younger (now 80 doesn't seem that old) and medical issues are still with me.

toroflow

Single-Sixer
for those interested, the GB auction # to look at the one that sold for $960 is 936704376. Also, I just sold my NIB one last night for $950 on 24 hour campfire.

Ray Newman

Blackhawk
My friend and his buddy came over to look at them. The buddy made an offer that he said was and he considered a good price -- US $350 to $375 each. According to him, used Rugers don't sell for very much. I almost fell over laughing.

Bad Barlow

Blackhawk
My friend and his buddy came over to look at them. The buddy made an offer that he said was and he considered a good price -- US $350 to $375 each. According to him, used Rugers don't sell for very much. I almost fell over laughing.
There's a stainless 44 special Blackhawk on GB for $750, just listed.

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
Sir,
If you subscribe to the RENE check out Chads annual price sheet for a good info, he has a section just for NM/FT's.
There are some real sleepers out there when it comes to the NM/FT's IMHO.

Good Hunting
Terry