Blackhawk Convertible Model 0318 357/9mm

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Monk1029

Bearcat
New to Ruger revolvers. Been looking for Blackhawk Convertible Model 0318 for a long time. Came across one that is from 2011. Never fired along with case and manual, etc. Basically brand new. Part of an Estate sale. Do I need to be concerned that it is over ten years old even if never fired?? Thanks in advance for replies.

I'm sure it is OK. What you might do is look down the barrel with the cylinder out for rust and then check the cyl. chambers for rust. Probably will not find any but that depends on where it was stored. It could pick up some rust in a high humidity area.
There are quite a few on here with some old Rugers made in the 50s that are still pretty nice:)

welcome to the forum, no need to be concerned just check out and look for the obvious.......if new or like new in the box and packaging, you should be good to go. Yes it is the right catalog number and shipped as a 'convertible" the spare cylinder ,maybe even BOTH cylinders, should have the last 3 digits of the guns serial number, etched on the face or even the rear of the cylinders...the "package" will have it marked as a convertible and whatever calibers.....sound like a nice gun, go for it......very practical and lots of caliber options...........:cool:;)

JOHNNY WACKO

Blackhawk
Boy if they went bad setting I would be in trouble . Old new is always a plus to me . I got 30 year old blackhawks like that. I even take the grips off and put them in the box and show them with cheap ajax grips .

Attachments

• gun002-3.jpg
    gun002-3.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

Rclark

Hunter
Yeah, I haven't seen/heard about any Rugers just fall apart because they haven't been using in years and years :D . If you are really concerned, most of us here would gladly take it off your hands and relieve of any worry ;) .

BearBiologist

Buckeye
Anybody have a Colt Bisley Flat Top in unfired condition CHEAP??? After all, they are worthless!! (100 years old)

Or a martially marked Walker Colt! (Almost 200 years old)