Blackhawk 454/480

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Ultrarunner

Bearcat
I have asked over a dozen people and no one can answer this....will Ruger do another run of these within the foreseeable future?

I know they've made some Blackhawks in 2022 in 357 as well as Alaskans in 454....but I need another Bisley 454!!

needsmostuff

Blackhawk
Nobody knows the mind of Ruger.
But if I was needed one, I'd be lookin at the used market.
Not gonna be cheap or easy but it will probably be quicker than waiting on Ruger.

contender

Ruger Guru
With the backlog of production orders, knowing when a particular model of a firearm MAY be produced is not something that Ruger will likely disclose.
Often, a Distributor (such as Lipsey's) may be able to offer information on such a run, because they are the ones who place orders for specific models.
It's a firearm that Ruger CAN produce at any time,, but the when is the big question. They have to look at a lot of factors when it comes to producing a product. Materials, trained employees, demand, previous orders, distributor orders, are but a few things that can place a model far down the list of the production timeframe.

I'd suggest you accept the fact that it may be a few years, or could possibly be next week.

If you have a pressing NEED, then as mentioned, I'd go ahead & pay the premium you may have to accept by buying used or off a place like Gunbroker etc. Maybe place a WTB ad here in our classifieds.

Ultrarunner

Bearcat
I had Reeder make me a 454 Super Blackhawk. Gave it to my Son-in-law last Spring. I carry an OM Blackhawk in 45/45acp convertible with hot hard cast for bears here in the PNW.

That's a beautiful gun!

I've gotten to be friendly with John Linebaugh, and his wait list is 3+ years, he's barely taking orders unfortunately.

Onty

Single-Sixer
I have asked over a dozen people and no one can answer this....will Ruger do another run of these within the foreseeable future?

I know they've made some Blackhawks in 2022 in 357 as well as Alaskans in 454....but I need another Bisley 454!!
According to this Ruger website, both 454 Bisley and 480 Bisley are listed https://ruger.com/products/newModelSuperBlackhawkBisley/models.html , although as "Lipsey's Distributor Exclusive", more here https://www.lipseys.com/itemfinder?...ly=Bisley Series&model=Super Blackhawk Bisley . As for availability, "This item is in the Lipsey's Catalog, but that does not mean that it is currently available. Please contact a Lipsey's Dealer to order."

Dealer finder by state https://www.lipseys.com/dealerfinder

I would contact dealers near your place and check what is available, or when it will be. I would imagine that if you ask to be put on the list, and possibly put something as deposit, you are going to get what you want. When I was looking for Remington 1858, 44, stainless, Target model, this is exactly what I did. Yeah, I waited more than 6 months, but I've got it.