Blackhawk 327 distributor price drop

Help Support Ruger Forum:

lfpiii

Blackhawk
I was at my local dealer the other day and he told me that distributors are making a big push to sell the new 327 Blackhawk. The GP-100 is selling very well but Blackhawk sales are very soft. His distributor was sitting on so many that he could make me a deal of $349.99 OTD. I just had to purchase two.

Sales must realy be slow because this is the same dealer that was selling anniversary flattops for $699.99 + tax. Sadly I do not have any real interest in the gun.

lfpiii

Blackhawk
I know. His pricing structure is odd. I picked up a NIB New Vaquero 45LC 4-5/8 for $500 OTD and 2 months later he was selling another one for $699.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Kinda like the way they give computer printers away just to sell the $50 apiece ink cartridges ....

Wait till you start buying ammo for that $349 gun .... in no time it'll be the most expensive gun you own ...

I think we have to face it .... these guns are NOT in high demand .... I'll give it one more year in the catalog ... then the big 'Discontinued' will be next to it's pic online ... buy 'em up now boys, while you still can ....

REV

Axehandle

Buckeye
Don't forget that Freedom Arms has 327 brass too! Your 32 mag dies are all you need

You boys better buy these things... Let this one get discontinued and we will be crying in our milk for decades... I think I'd better buy another...

006-1.jpg

revhigh

Hawkeye
Ale-8(1)":15l4a4dg said:
. . . and thus do we reload.

;)

True, some do Ale, but I'd think the vast majority of Ruger owners don't reload. Although I WILL concede that a larger percentage of 327 owners probably DO reload. They really have no choice but to reload .... :D

REV

c.r.

Single-Sixer
I can't imagine it is any more necesary to reload to shoot the .327 than it is to shoot the 44 spcl.

However i suppose I can see how the .327 might be more expensive to shoot. The .327 was marketed as a self defense round and I reckon that right NOW all you might be able to find on the shelves is "expensive" self defense ammo in .327

~c.r.

revhigh

Hawkeye
c.r.":18t5w1dz said:
I can't imagine it is any more necesary to reload to shoot the .327 than it is to shoot the 44 spcl.

The .327 was marketed as a self defense round ...

I guess it depends on how much disposable income you have, and how much you shoot.

I shoot about 1000+ rounds a month ... more in summer and less in winter. Cabelas has 327 Fed ammo (One choice) for $23/20 ... so lets see ... that's 50 boxes at $23 .... $1150 per thousand .... WOW. That's a pretty expensive gun to shoot, isn't it ?? Even if you shoot 1000 rounds per YEAR ....

Ammobank.com has 20 rounds for $39.99 !!!

I'd say it's FAR more expensive to shoot than 44 SP, and that's IF you can find it.

If it's primarily for self defense, then why would a Blackhawk be chambered in it ??? Not that you can't shoot a 'self defense caliber' in a single action ... but it would be kind of like chambering a BH for .40 .... :D

REV

revhigh

Hawkeye
Ale-8(1)":10z7l7f8 said:
"I'd think the vast majority of Ruger owners don't reload"

I don't believe that, but I cannot prove it one way or another.

:mrgreen:

Time for a POLL, Ale !!!

REV

Personally, I think the .327 is going to prove to be a reloader's cartridge. It's a modernized version of the .32-20 and .30 Carbine in a rimmed, straight-wall case that's perfect for revolvers, and the Blackhawk eight-shot version is a perfect vehicle for it. The fans of relatively-small-bore centerfires are going to love this round in this gun. I'll agree that the number of folks interested in it will not likely be as great as the .357 magnum, but it should have a loyal following. Whether it will be enough to warrant continued production remains to be seen, but I think Axe's comment about getting one right now is probably right on the money. I hope to work one into my limited budget.

The comments about present ammo prices are all too true.

And I don't accept the premise that this round is primarily for self defense, although it may work in that department. The introductory propaganda comparing it to the .357 but with less recoil and noise was somewhat hyped, IMHO, but I'll not argue the matter with those who choose it for that purpose, particularly in the SP101. It should certainly prove effective with the proper ammo.

Just ramblin' . . .

:)

revhigh

Hawkeye
Ale-8(1)":ab8c0yxj said:
And I don't accept the premise that this round is primarily for self defense

Just ramblin' . . .

:)

Just so you know, it wasn't me that said the above ... I just quoted what somebody else said ! No big deal ...

Just ramblin too !

If I wanted one, NOW is when I'd buy it too, if it was REALLY $350, but alas .... I have no interest in it. :D

About reloading, I'm sure you're right on the money, Ale .... if you don't reload, you better not buy this caliber ... unless it's just gonna be a safe queen !

REV

jazzman

Single-Sixer
Comparing the Federal American Eagle brands of ammo, the 327 ammo runs around 25 and change for the 100 grain soft points box of 50 and the 357 158 gr. soft points run around 27 and change so the 327 and 357 are pretty comparible in price. That being said, I for one could not afford to shoot either one without reloading if I want to shoot more than occasionally. I have plenty of 32 H&R ammo that I have reloaded for that would take the sting out of the high price factory ammo. Powder goes a long way when we are talking about 3 to 4 grains at a time for the H&R.

Jim

jmfc606

Single-Sixer
If I can find one at $349.99 I'll buy my 2nd and put my current one away NIB. Maybe I should wait on the GP-100? If that is going by the wayside also I'll wait and get a better deal. As far as the reloading goes I think you'd be suprised how many of us members do reload. My guess would be in the 80 -85 % range