Blackhawk 327 distributor price drop

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Shoot44

Single-Sixer
jazzman":lfdwv1oa said:
Comparing the Federal American Eagle brands of ammo, the 327 ammo runs around 25 and change for the 100 grain soft points box of 50 and the 357 158 gr. soft points run around 27 and change so the 327 and 357 are pretty comparible in price.
Jim

Correct. Everyone seems to be quoting the SELF-DEFENSE-type ammo when they talk about 327 ammo prices. Tell me, what do you pay for SELF-DEFENSE ammo for your 40, or 357, or even -often - your 38 or 9??? It is all around $1/round, isn't it???? So why keep slamming the 327 for high ammo price??

I buy the 100 grain American Eagle stuff for around that same price, and then RE-USE the brass to reload! That way the mfg ammo really costs me even LESS, since I'm getting the brass included in that price!

Primed new 327 FM brass from FA cost me $23/100 + shipping. Since I use only a few grains of powder in each load, my reloaded ammo is actually quite reasonable.

I completely understand folks, (like Revhigh), when they say they have no interest in that particular caliber. (Some like Fords, some like Chevys). But I don't understand folks who try to argue against anyone else using/liking a caliber because they don't like it, and use information that is not really applicable.

If the 'high cost' of ammo made the gunmakers stop making a particular calibef of gun, I think there would be a LOT of 'discontinued' rifles these days!!! Many of them cost more to shoot (even if you reload!) than most handguns using mfg ammo!

ra

Single-Sixer
I checked my local dealer yesterday, his prices are usually pretty good, and he would get me one for $539 plus tax plus Instant Check. That would be about $600 OTD. I passed this time but for $350 OTD I would have ordered it.

ra

louiethelump

Buckeye
Please post who has them for 350 and I will send an ffl right now and buy one. I have been eyeing them, and waiting.

REF reloading............. Blackhawk shooters should reload regardless of caliber. More so for the new 32. I cannot find ANY 327 ammo and when (not IF) I get a 327 I will probably shoot warm 32 H&R in it until I come into some 327 brass.

REF defense round in a Blackhawk: You are out at your wooded shooting pit with your 8 shot 327 Blackhawk when a couple of bad ole boys decide to rob you take your guns and your truck and you can not or would not use your Blackhawk for self defense???? OF COURSE YOU WOULD. We use the gun for self defense that we have with use when we find the need for self defense...............

I see the Blackhawk 8 shot as a great all around gun for those of us that live where there are not animals that may eat us, other than the remote possibility of an attack by a pack of feral dogs. For them, the 327 would do quite nicely, and would be just fine for all the things walking the woods here in the south where I live (including the Florida panther my wife saw within a mile of our house in the forest behind us). The ability to use rounds all the way down to 32 ACP in that gun make it very appealing to me.

I have a few of them saved on gunbroker and I am waiting on a deal on one................

Where did you say that 350 dollar one was???????

:D

Ale-8(1)

Hawkeye
"We use the gun for self defense that we have with use when we find the need for self defense."

Amen.

;)

A

Anonymous

at $349.99 i would take 2 of them one to shoot and one just to have a spare .who has them so can get them on the way .. :)

lfpiii

Blackhawk
Ok I got the low down from the dealer. His employee was only partially correct. The $349 was offered as a package deal to select Midwest dealers. The dealer was required to purchase several other Ruger revolvers. Apparently from what my dealer has told me Ruger revolver sales in the Midwest have dropped dramatically. This offer was to increase product visibility on dealer shelves.