Blackhawk 3 screw

Help Support Ruger Forum:

e606

Bearcat
I am very glad to be able to share this with people who appreciate these things. I would have been perfectly happy with the 50th which I might still get or the other Blackhawk that the dealer had. The other one wasn't a 3 screw. I actually only knew the barest minimum about the 3 screw. I figured it was more worthwhile to pick up what I did. I am off next week so I should be able to get to the range and throw some lead down range.
Thanks for all the information. Keep posting if anybody has anything else to add.

EarlFH

Single-Sixer
Oh my god! it is a '57 fuelie!!! Looks like it might still have the original tires on it. Jesus must have danced around your crib, when you were born. CONGRATULATIONS!!! :shock:
Earl.

e606

Bearcat
I must say that when the hammer is cocked, the click clacking that emanates from the flat top just about gives me a chubbie.
It's practically symphonic. In all seriousness this is my first Ruger and I really think I am going to enjoy using it.

JohnW

Bearcat
Very nice flat top! You did very, very well. I thought I stole the ~97% 30- prefix protected sight BKH34 I acquired early this year for $350+tax, but yours is even nicer, and a flat top to boot!

azrugershooter

Single-Sixer
Looks like you were dealing with a "real knowledgeable" gun store there :roll: ????? Next week they will sell a hawkeye as a thompson contender. :lol: :lol: Great gun you got the steal of the year.

Allen207

Single-Sixer
What a great find, congratulations! My luck always runs the other way, a less desirable model in worse condition for more money.

Please consider calling the Ruger records department and confirming the ship date and "shipped configuration" model number.

If you ask nicely, they'll provide a letter documenting this information, free of charge.

(603)865-2424

:)

EarlFH

Single-Sixer
You might consider NOT shooting it. That's a collectors item, and could finance a couple of shooting guns, and make a collector real happy.(unfortunately I couldn't afford to offer what it's worth.) :(

Earl.

e606

Bearcat
EarlFH":dydkryqc said:
You might consider NOT shooting it. That's a collectors item, and could finance a couple of shooting guns, and make a collector real happy.(unfortunately I couldn't afford to offer what it's worth.) :(

Earl.

I guess I should ask what, "roughly" is the value of the Flat Top.

chet15

Hawkeye
e606":ps58396f said:

My monitor couldn't quite pick out the grip frame markings, so I'm curious if it is XR3 or XR3-RED? I know of only three .357 flattops with XR3-RED on it, and all were right around your sn.
(IF anybody can come up with one of these "RED" flattops, I can sure use a pic for book 3!!!).
Chet15

EarlFH

Single-Sixer
e606":boq8yc25 said:
EarlFH":boq8yc25 said:

Earl.

I guess I should ask what, "roughly" is the value of the Flat Top.

I'm not up on the value of collector guns. Perhaps Flatgate, or one of the others can give you some idea.

Earl.

RENE lists "collector grade" examples like yours at $900 or more.

Since it's right at the end of the Flattop series, there may be additional collector interest.

Whatever, it's apparently a nice piece, and you got it REAL CHEAP.

:) :) :)

flatgate

Hawkeye
LateFlattop357.jpg

I agree with Ale-8(1). That's a neat ol' Ruger!

flatgate