Blackhawk 3 Screw Question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mickeyboat

Bearcat
I need a screw for a Blackhawk 3 screw. It is one of the three screws on the side, the rear most screw. Where is the best place to buy such a screw? Is there a Ruger part number for this screw? All the parts diagrams I find are for new model Blackhawks. Is there a 3 screw parts diagram somewhere? Thanks in advance.

seeemmiss

Single-Sixer
Post a WTB in the Classified section. My guess is you need the large hammer screw by what you described. Someone on this forum will have what you need.

flatgate

Hawkeye
To install that screw you'll find it MUCH EASIER if you release the mainspring's tension.

Empty gun, eh? Remove grips. Cock hammer. Insert small pin, nail, etc. into the exposed hole in the lower end of the hammer strut. Lower the hammer and the spring tension will be captured. Change out the screw. Cock hammer and remove the pin you inserted.

:D

flatgate

CraigC

Hawkeye
45Colt_Man":3kv5mb8r said:
Brownells
Hammer Pivot P/N 780-000-119

Ruger Old Army Schematic

Dana
Yep, lots of parts for Old Models can be found in the Old Army schematic. I bought a whole set of these pivot screws last year just to have them.

mickeyboat

Bearcat
CraigC":3sw4kgmd said:
45Colt_Man":3sw4kgmd said:
Brownells
Hammer Pivot P/N 780-000-119

Ruger Old Army Schematic

Dana
Yep, lots of parts for Old Models can be found in the Old Army schematic. I bought a whole set of these pivot screws last year just to have them.

Is the Old Army screw the same as for the Ruger 3 screw Blackhawk?

mickeyboat

Bearcat
Well Ruger won't sell the part unless the transfer bar has been ordered. Bummer. Brownells is out of stock on the part. Any more ideas on where to buy one?

jimbo1096

Buckeye
Mickey - you miis the point. Pick a serial # for an Old Army, tell ruger that's what you need the screw for and they will send it to you. You don't tell them it's for an OM Blackhawk.
Use Serial # 145-38505