Black SR9 2nd Pride and Joy (Very pic heavy / 800x)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

A

Anonymous

The only issue I've had so far is with cheap Israeli junk ammo that I new I shouldn't have bought in the first place.

DSC02798.jpg

DSC02799.jpg

DSC02800.jpg

DSC02801.jpg

DSC02803.jpg

DSC02804.jpg

DSC02805.jpg

DSC02806.jpg

DSC02807.jpg

DSC02809.jpg

DSC02811.jpg

DSC02813.jpg

DSC02817.jpg

DSC02819.jpg

DSC02822.jpg

DSC02823.jpg

DSC02824.jpg

1682pixels wide for backgrounds
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f33/w ... C02818.jpg

A

Anonymous

Thanks! I think it's time for the Ghost finally, lol. The trigger on this thing is nice and crisp with almost no take up, I can't wait to see what it's going to be like with the 3.5# Ghost.

I read in the new guns & Ammo that they are supposed to be releasing Meprolight sights for it in 2010, are they any good? (IDK much about civi guns.)

revhigh

Hawkeye
Loaded When Up ????? Stainless ???? I guess they had to give their engraver something to do ...... I never saw those two useless tidbits before .... they should have scratched in a 'TACTICAL' somwhere too !!! LOL.

Nice looking gun, and great pics !!! :D

REV

jhearne

Buckeye
Rev, you've never noticed the Loaded Chamber Indicator (LCI) on the SR9 before? Also they had to note it was a Blackened Stainless model too....apparently the "K" stamp inside the slide isn't enough ;).

I'm about to buy my Rocket as well...today, waiting on Ghost to get back to me, my card was denied :\. Not my issue...I got the money and my info was correct.

Get that Mag DC outta there! Less you like it in there of course ;) nice pics though Wolverton.

Josh

A

Anonymous

500 rounds today with Winchester and Federal without fail. This gun is like a trooper!

A

Anonymous

Going back out today with 6 boxes of Federal 50. :0) I love my local Walmart. (Corporate bastards)

I've also got about 1500 .22lr so we're going to give my 60th MkIII a workout as well.

Both of these Guns have been flawless.

A

Anonymous

Ok, I have and small issue/question. While shooting the SR9 my buddy had two stove pipes. No matter how hard I tried, I could not get it to happen with me.

He laughed at the gun when it happened, (Which pissed me off) I told him he must have been holding it like a little girl but he blames the gun.

I have a little less than 1500 rounds through it and I've only ever had an issue once when I bought some cheap Israeli junk which during the first time I shot the gun with a several bad primers. I tossed the rest of that junk crap down the firing line and haven't had an issue since. (About 1400 rounds since then.)

Is it him or is it just and very intermittent quirk with my gun?

jhearne

Buckeye
I'd think it's Limp Wristing....or as you said, "Holding it like a little girl". Poor mechanics/grip can cause the SR9 to Fail to Feed/Eject.

Josh

revhigh

Hawkeye
jhearne":2q7asxp1 said:
I'd think it's Limp Wristing....or as you said, "Holding it like a little girl".

I'd agree ... next time he wants to shoot your gun, just tell him only if he can hold it like a man this time ... Then laugh .... tell him most guns only stove pipe if the shooter is a limp wristed lilly livered liberal without any muscles in their arms. Just wait .... his fingers will be white knuckled on that gun. :D

REV

revhigh

Hawkeye
jhearne":2orynon0 said:
Rev, you've never noticed the Loaded Chamber Indicator (LCI) on the SR9 before?

Nope ... I only saw it from the side before ... if it wasn't for wolverton's super clear pics, I probably wouldn't have noticed it this time !

REV

A

Anonymous

You should shoot it Rev, I'm sure you'll like it. (Unless of course you hate all poly guns, lol.)

I don't mind the "Stainless" or the LCI.

bigfanofsr9

Bearcat
revhigh":2r2wnqb1 said:
jhearne":2r2wnqb1 said:
Rev, you've never noticed the Loaded Chamber Indicator (LCI) on the SR9 before?

Nope ... I only saw it from the side before ... if it wasn't for wolverton's super clear pics, I probably wouldn't have noticed it this time !

REV

Those engravings don't bother me much...but I did LOL when I read
"Before using gun - Read warnings in instruction manual - Available Free-"
on the side of the slide. dern lawsuits

Latest posts