Black powder online

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Alabama, in the bend of the Tennessee River
I had a recent good experience with purchasing black powder online I thought I'd share for any of you who may shoot primitive-style firearms and want REAL black powder as opposed to one of the substitutes. The company is mainepowderhouse.com (located in Maine, no surprise), and a very nice lady name of Pauline will take care of you. Hazmat fee of course, but they do have several brands and various granulation in stocks, shipping was fast and reasonable. I bought 10# to make it worth the hazmat and shipping, which will probably last the rest of my life. Just thought I'd share that for any others who prefer/demand "The Holy Black."
Ken

Another "sleeper" option is Crater Fireworks, in Mineral, IL.

Looks like they supply pyrotechnics, demolition, and black powder shooting fields. They stock a variety of brands/granulations.

I ordered through them last February, when Maine Powder House was cleaned out of black powder, at least in any granulation that I wanted.

Appears to be a small business, owned by a couple. Jon has his cell number on the site, AND he answered it, when I called! 👍

Latest posts