Black Handled Revolvers

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mavoris

Bearcat
I have not uploaded pictures before so I hope that I am successful. I don't have any black rifles but I have some black handled revolvers that would like to show. Top to bottom are: Type 4 Ruger Blackhawk Flat top 357 Mag., First Generation (1901) Colt SAA 45 Cal., and Remington 1890 44-40 Cal.. The Navajo rug used for a background was purchased in the 50's by my parents. The Navajo lady was making the rugs and selling them in a roadside stand somewhere in Arizona. I was way young and quite thrilled with the experience.

100_0265.jpg

Many thanks to yooper1 for the Photbucket tutorial.

mavoris

Bearcat
ab4ka and SAJohn,

I appreciate your comments. I took some more pictures and hopefully a better view of each revolver. I have added a picture of a 2nd Generation Colt that was the personal piece of Don Mihaljevic of Salmon Idaho. He modified the grip frame and made the big horn sheep grips. His name is engraved on the back of the grip frame. There is some, limited, additional engraving done by possibly John McFadden. I believe my spelling of the name to be correct.

Don Mihaljevic is one of the most talented, all around, craftman that I have ever met. He completed gunsmithing school in the 50's. I have his project gun and will take pictures and post in the near future.

Marty

100_0280.jpg

100_0282.jpg

100_0275.jpg

100_0286.jpg