BKH46

Help Support Ruger Forum:

nrobe50

Buckeye
I have requested a letter on this gun but have not received it yet. Just wondering what the Ruger guys think about it. Super cylinder and xr3-red grip frame. Serial number seems a little early to have been shipped this way.

Attachments

• bkh46b.jpg
    bkh46b.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 124
  • bkh46a.jpg
    bkh46a.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 120
  • bkh46.jpg
    bkh46.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 130

contender

Ruger Guru
Well, in my humble opinion, I'd say someone has done a bit of parts swapping.
The grip frame as well as the unfluted cylinder, with that serial number doesn't really add up as "correct."
The screws show a little marking,, so it does appear as if someone has had it apart or whatever at some point.

trapperon

Blackhawk
Looks like late production flat top production and supers were made at that same time. Hard to know and doubt a letter would verify the cylinder and grip frame. I have 27995 and it is fluted and xr3. Cool 44 you have!
Ron

chet15

Hawkeye
Yes, I concur with weaselmeatgravy. At some point Ruger ran out of flattop parts, so finished the cylinder frames frames up with what they had. I wouldn't worry too much about the serial number... that is still a very late serial number for a flattop, so not unlikely it may have shipped late.
However, the medallions look like they are post 1966. And the trigger is super thick, like it is from a gun of at least the late 1960's.
Is the grip frame ALCOA G or ALCOA G2? With this info, a ship date will tell you if these parts are correct or not.
Chet15

Last edited: