Bisley Vaquero .45

Help Support Ruger Forum:

StonewallRuger

Single-Sixer
I have a Bisley Vaquero manufactured in 1999 (checked the serial number). It has only been fired 56 times. There is no ring around the cylinder. It is blued and case hardened, and has the faux ivory grips. What do y'all think its worth? I paid $480 for it at a gun show three years ago.

I could upload a picture, but I don't know how to.

KWYJIBO

Blackhawk
I think it would bring about $400 to $450. The Bisley stuff on it will help, and so will the pretty white grips, but I don't think these guns are in really high demand, especially since Ruger has brought out the Bisley New Vaquero. I know--yours is a heavy frame Vaquero, but for those wanting to shoot high pressure loads there are plenty of Bisley Blackhawks available for around $400.

As nice as the Vaqueros are, their value is kept down because they're just so numerous. Take, for example, the BRAND NEW birdshead Vaqueros that ACRYLICTNK has right now for $499 shipped. Another example: I recently bought a stainless Vaquero in excellent condition with simulated ivory grips for $500--with a holster and belt, about a hundred rounds of factory ammo, and a few hundred empty cases.

What you have is a real nice gun, but not one that will fetch a premium price.

StonewallRuger

Single-Sixer
Yeah, I don't want to sell it, but for some reason, I don't feel like I should shoot it. The finish on it is just flawless, and I already have a GP100, Bearcat, and SRH that I shoot a lot. I might start shooting it, but I'm not sure.

KWYJIBO

Blackhawk
Well, if you start shooting it and put a little wear on it (or a lot), you will reduce its value some, but it is not highly valuable or collectable to begin with.

On the other hand, there is nothing wrong with keeping it as new. If you have plenty of other guns to shoot, you could let this one stay in the safe and I would not criticize your decision.

johnbh

Bearcat
I just bought a vaquero Bisley 45 LC manufractured,02/99, just go shoot it
and have fun.

Rclark

Hunter
but for some reason, I don't feel like I should shoot it.
Wrong attitude my friend :) . All guns are meant to be shot. Period. Even the 'so called' collector guns... Just shoot the heck out of it... and then pass it on to the next generation. Or put in another way ... enjoy it while you can, because someday it will just become someone else's gun who will shoot it :) and you will have just lost the opportunity.

raven5

Bearcat
I've always wanted one just like that. I'd make you an offer on it right now, but I'm currently funds depleted. :cry: Christmas coming up as well doesn't help.

MMichaelAK

Single-Sixer
I bought that same gun in a 5.5" just last year for $400 in the same condition.

Great gun. You should shoot it.

Latest posts