Bisley New Model Blackhawk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

w18764560

Bearcat
Just picked up at local gunshow a NMBH Bisley in .41 Mag.
My questions are:
1. Ser # 47-0XXXX 1984-85-86?
2. Anybody know if this was a special run? depending on how you measure the barrel, from the cone to the muzzle=7.5"
Can't find one listed.
Thanks
W18764560

JCW64

Single-Sixer
It was not a special run, just limited production. I think the Bisleys started in 85, so it could be 85 or 86. A call to Ruger records will tell for sure. Does your have a fluted cylinder, if so it is less common than the rollmarked cylinders.

You've got yourself in my opinion one of the nicest looking bisleys made. The fluted cylinder really sets them off. jmho.

Back in "85 when they began the bisleys they were ALL intended to have Roll Marked cylinders but they had a problem with the the roll mark process. Sooo they decided to put fluted cylinders on them just to get them out on the market. It wasn't long before they had the roll mark process straightened out and that the end of the story. Rather low production numbers on the fluted cylinder version. ps

w18764560

Bearcat
Hey...talked to Ruger records and found out it was shipped Oct 85...7.5" barrel...funny she said they could not tell me if it was limited run for 'competitive reasons'...same for answering the number produced question.
I'll post pics soon...I think I like these Rugers, bein' a Smith and Colt guy for years...I think I might've been missin' out!
Thanks Gents!

w18764560

Bearcat
Hey Powder Smoke....
I've heard that this particular model only had a few dozen produced: flat tipped ejector rod--fluted cylinder--.41 mag--Bisley.
Any truth to that?
Thanks

flatgate

Hawkeye
w18764560":1wlm8sad said:
Hey Powder Smoke....
I've heard that this particular model only had a few dozen produced: flat tipped ejector rod--fluted cylinder--.41 mag--Bisley.
Any truth to that?
Thanks

Nice Bisley!

RENE estimates 2k produced......there was one in a local shop the last time I was in there. I posted it here and got yawns for responses.

flatgate

bisleyfan41

Blackhawk
To quote the "Red Eagle News Exchange" or RENE which is THE publication for everything Ruger and to which you should consider subscribing:

"NOTE: A few of the earliest manufactured Bisley Blackhawks and Super Blackhawks are known to have been assembled with flat end ejector rods.".

Doesn't sound like too many.

Edit to clarify new guns have the pointed ejector rod. Flat ones are pretty scarce.