Bisley Hunter

Help Support Ruger Forum:

TerryK

Bearcat
Has Ruger ever made a Bisley Hunter in .22?I have one in .44...greatest hunting firearm I have ever ownned. Accurate, tough...topped it with a 1 moa red dot. I saw the earlier thread, I think it is beautiful, not ugly. I know Ruger mage them in .45 and .41, but have they made them in .22, maybe .357? If not, what a great series that would make. Besides, the Bisley handle just fits for me, very conducive toaccurate shooting. Any Ruger reps hear me???

BlkHawk73

Hunter
They haven't but I have. :)

DSC01365.jpg

DSC01369.jpg

No .357 Hunters either.

TerryK

Bearcat
Thank you for the info, what a beautiful firearm!! What a series that would make....22, .357...41...44....45colt a true hunter's series. Maybe a grass roots 'thang could get this going. For me the angle of the grip is ......just right for accurate, slow fire-hunting type shooting. Topped with a low power scope or a red dot, I just think they would be the ultimate hunting-shooting handgun. Can you just imagine a .357 Bisley Hunter, topped with a 1 moa, a 180gr. WFN at about 1400fps...is that deer-predator medicine to 60-70yrds or what? Maybe 45oz minus scope....Any Ruger reps here me???

djw54

Single-Sixer
TerryK":2o2a56ml said:
Thank you for the info, what a beautiful firearm!! What a series that would make....22, .357...41...44....45colt a true hunter's series. Maybe a grass roots 'thang could get this going. For me the angle of the grip is ......just right for accurate, slow fire-hunting type shooting. Topped with a low power scope or a red dot, I just think they would be the ultimate hunting-shooting handgun. Can you just imagine a .357 Bisley Hunter, topped with a 1 moa, a 180gr. WFN at about 1400fps...is that deer-predator medicine to 60-70yrds or what? Maybe 45oz minus scope....Any Ruger reps here me???

You forgot .17HMR/M2 and .327. The former is/was made in a Hunter (not Bisley), but the latter hasn't been...yet.

Quarterbore

Blackhawk
... and you missed the one that is really missing....

Five shot 454 Casull SBH Hunter Bisley and possibly a 480 Ruger model too :wink:

TerryK

Bearcat
OOOHHH, you guys!!! That would be great!! Those calibers are sweet! Any Ruger reps listening? What a great series for truly hunting handguns.

Dale53

Blackhawk
There is an alternative. Just put a good scope mount on your Ruger:

http://www.jackweigand.com/raswms.html

I.m about to put one on my Ruger SS Bisley .45 Colt/.45 ACP convertible and mount a Red Dot sight.

It won't quite have the same advantages of the Hunter series (quick detachable scope with a zero'd set of iron sights available). However, as far as the scope mount is concerned it works VERY well.

I have several S&W's set up (they come drilled and tapped as most here are aware) that way and it is MORE than satisfactory.

It sure beats not seeing for those of us that are vision challenged.

FWIW
Dale53