Bisley cylinder replacement

Help Support Ruger Forum:

DwarvenChef

Bearcat
I bought a Bisley in the mid 90's and after a few rounds I got 2 stuck cases. Seems my load was not as good as it should have been and I damaged the cylinder. Took weeks to find out what happened to the load... turned out to be a bad scale that stuck just a hair... instant over charge...

Anyway the two chambers are just slightly dimpled at the cylinder stop. I'm sending it back to ruger for evaluation and repair... Ya it's been sitting in a box for over 10 years waiting to get sent in :p

Given the amount of time that has passed, will there be a change in the cylinder styles?

I'm really wanting to swap out a few parts into stainless, cylinder, guide rod housing, cylinder pin... If I send in a request for a stainless cylinder will they fit one in or do I need to find an after market shop to do the work?

contender

Ruger Guru
Ruger will only put in parts like the originals. If you want stainless hardware,, you'll have to spend the $$$$$ & get it somewhere other than Ruger. (Except for the smaller parts like the housing & cylinder pin.)