Bisley after market grips

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BB Rvlr

Single-Sixer
Have any of you ever gotten after market grips for your Bisleys? I got my Bisley .44 Special yesterday and once I got it home I discovered I didn't like the fit of the laminated rosewood grips they are using. They don't provide proper coverage of the grip frame and the quality just isn't there.

I would like something that fits the frame the way it should and dresses up the gun a little.

I've been looking online at woodgrips.com and www.esmeralda.cc. Esmerelda's grips look gorgeous but I'm not sure I can justify over $100 for a set. Any other suggestions you can provide would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

BlkHawk73

Hunter
BB Rvlr":2h65pm4s said:
They don't provide proper coverage of the grip frame and the quality just isn't there.

I would like something that fits the frame the way it should and dresses up the gun a little.

I've been looking online at woodgrips.com and www.esmeralda.cc. Esmerelda's grips look gorgeous but I'm not sure I can justify over $100 for a set. Any other suggestions you can provide would be appreciated.

Want better fit, better qualtity that "dresses it up" and not cost over $100? :?
You'll get what you pay for! There's Klamath River (my fav), 41 magnum and Pvt Shultz to name a few.
If you want a perfect fit, you're going to need to send your grip frame to the grip maker so the panels can be fitted. This fancy wood and personal touch doesn't come at production line costs.

Axehandle

Buckeye
Sack Peterson just made me a set of Elk stags... He does Bisley elk stags too... I have a plan to order some...
004.jpg

005.jpg

G2

Hunter
Patrick Grasshorn Moose ~$140
6aafaed5.jpg

and in the front Bisley .41, Lett Black Mikarta ~$75, hmmm can't get those anymore.
20fd777c.jpg

Not alot of help am I, Might try Hogue for something under $100.
My experience is w/ Ruger Stainless Bisley nothing really fits untill gently massaged. The Stainless frames allways end up a little bigger than the Blue Steel and for what ever reason they just are not very consistant. Good thing is with some files, emery paper & scotchbrite pads one can get it right on.

s4s4u

Hunter
I put Hogue "ivory" grips on my Bisley 45LC and love them. They are a little thicker than factory, especially at the top which gives a better grip and more comfort with recoil. I will be gettin' more.