Bisley .22

Help Support Ruger Forum:

03cobraa

Bearcat
Just picked up this Bisley .22. Serial number 262-1435X I have seen conflicting production numbers and different origins (special issue etc). Can someone share some background, production numbers, and maybe collector value?
bisley22001.jpg
[/img]

flatgate

Hawkeye
Williams Shooters Supply, I think, was the Distributor.

That particular gun created quite a stir amongst shooters. Everybody and their Brother wanted a stainless steel Bisley Blackhawk after seeing that grip frame. Many of those guns were purchased with the sole intent of swapping grip frames.

I do believe a LOT LESS than 750 exist today...........

flatgate

03cobraa

Bearcat
Hey Flattop44,
That was it at Louisville. I debated about buying it, because I was still looking for a Stainless Bearcat. By the way, I still have the 1962 OM Bearcat (mint-no box) to trade for a Stainless if you see one.

RugerBoi

Single-Sixer
:shock: I know you all will think me a criminal...But last year while trying to beat Cabellas down on a flattop 44 they had I made a couple of trips in to the gun room. While killing some time with one of the "new" helpers I asked if they had any more of those yellow boxes back in the back...the kid brought one of these out in it's box (slightly used). I asked how much and some one had written a slip of paper that said $249 and put it in the box. He said "that must be the price" and I said "OK".

Wow. Those serial #s are spread out.. mine is 262-55580.

03cobraa

Bearcat
I found the original reciept in the bottom of the box. It was sold for $250.00 4-21-91. There was also two different ads from the "Gun List" stating the model number and what they were asking. One was $475.00 and the other was $500.00. I think the persons that had traded this gun, cut out the ads so the next peson would know it had an original stainless frame, and the current value.

chet15

Hawkeye
RugerBoi":ny10v1vn said:
Wow. Those serial #s are spread out.. mine is 262-55580.

Your gun does letter as RB-22WS? The sn range I had on those was 261-03585 to 262-15077. I can see maybe a few "cleanup" guns, but this would be the first I've heard of.
Chet15

RugerBoi

Single-Sixer
OH Geez Chad...Now ya got me bugged...I'll have to call the Ruger girls today, and lately that number has been unresponsive....Greg...Oh btw that 35550 you put me on is still trying to get the nickel off....I contacted Ray Viromontez and he will do the retrace on the engraving when and iff I ever get it back to the white. I wanted to have it in my display with the other two in Jan. but it's looking pretty desperate now...Greg

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
Greg,
I think your pre fix # is 261 not 262. I have #261-55549.
Easy to do!! Like Radical says some times we see the numbers
we WANT to see! :wink: :wink:
Terry

RugerBoi

Single-Sixer
:shock: Well T.A. if that's the case, it's because these old eyes lied to me again...maybe that explains why that neighbor lady looks so tough in the daylight...I looked at that in the semi-dark last night...I'll go home and look again...If you are right, I want your pistol to keep mine company so I can start being a numbers guy like RR. Greg

RugerBoi

Single-Sixer
:shock: Well shooot, I don't have that really odd hi-number...It's 261-55580....So I guess I'm looking for 79 or 81..Oh well T.A. yours is safe...RB