Birdshead's - post 'em up!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Skalkaho Slim

Blackhawk
Here's a recent addition - apparently one of those "cleanup" guns as it was born in November 2009, yet has a 58 prefix and rollmark under the barrel.

And thanks to 308longdistance for the superb holster!!! :D

DSCF0749.jpg

DSCF0744.jpg

BlkHawk73

Hunter
NOT Mine just some promo pics from TALO I have.

32Cowboys.jpg

LastCowboys.jpg

I've just got a pair of blued .32 birdsheads now but when/ifI ever get around to sending a project off, I'll have another.

flatheadsal

Single-Sixer
Very nice Slim, love the leather too, only birdshead I have is an original Colt Lightning Storekeeper,.38 long Colt, factory re-nickle, I know you wanted to see birdshead Rugers,but I couldn't resist, flathead

IMG_6594.jpg

IMG_6597.jpg

Skalkaho Slim

Blackhawk
Doh! Forgot to mention that yes, it is indeed 45 Colt. :oops:

Those TALO guns sure are nice!!!

Flatheadsal, that's one o' them new fangled double actions, huh? :lol: Very sharp!

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
Just out of curiosity, what's the birdy like to shoot in the bigger calibers? I don't mean thumper "Ruger only" loads, just in general? Compared to a plow or Bisley grip.

I like the looks of both these and the USFA Omni models. Just wondering what they're like to shoot.

-- Sam

Ruger Packer

Buckeye
I have a Single-Six birdy in .32 mag. Here is a pic of it with my other .32 mag Rugers. I scored the wooden Talo "Last Cowboy" grips off sleaze bay for $25.

My32mags.jpg

Skalkaho Slim

Blackhawk
Yosemite Sam":3teimljn said:
Just out of curiosity, what's the birdy like to shoot in the bigger calibers? I don't mean thumper "Ruger only" loads, just in general? Compared to a plow or Bisley grip.
I've never shot a Bisley, but I do find that these shoot quite nice for me. They seem to roll a bit more in the hand. I've only ever shot my CAS loads (250gr LFN in front of 5.0gr Clays) in one and thought it was real nice. Certainly not unpleasant.

I did find ayoutube video of some hotter loads........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyaGQvODMwI

Those USFA Omni's are sure sharp lookin'!

dougader

Hunter
I think they shoot just as nice as the plow handle grips, and better than the new cheese grater grips you see on the Blackhawks, New Vaquero and Montado. But I agree, for Ruger only loads I definitely prefer the Bisley grip.

For pure looks, I love the birdshead grip... so I pick it over the plow handle since to me it shoots just as well.

Bigboreshooter

Single-Sixer
Here's my 45 Birdshead....

This is my favorite 45 Colt handgun. I have shot "max" Ruger-only 300gr handloads in this gun with no problems at all. In fact, I find the Birdshead grip configuration to be more comfortable than the traditional Blackhawk grips with heavy loads.

Gunshow-1.jpg

JWhitmore44

Blackhawk
45 colt Vaquero

PA310002.jpg

270 gr LSWC with a healthy dose of Unique doesn't seem much different than the plow handle. Bisley is just different though, a good different.

Older style 32 mag that I added my birdshead grip to.

P2160006.jpg

The bridshead grip makes a nice compact package.

Stoots

Buckeye
BlkHawk73":2hihewbt said:
NOT Mine just some promo pics from TALO I have.

32Cowboys.jpg

LastCowboys.jpg

I've just got a pair of blued .32 birdsheads now but when/ifI ever get around to sending a project off, I'll have another.

Very nice! (Except for that darn billboard!)

:shock:

:D

Skalkaho Slim

Blackhawk
JWhitmore44, that sure is some nice case coloring! The coloring on mine is fairly blase, but I had a couple of older Vaq's that were nice until they got worn so bad.........

I sure would pay real money for a set of those TALO grips. Man, those are nice!!!

JWhitmore44

Blackhawk
Skalkaho Slim":3uyr2bco said:
JWhitmore44, that sure is some nice case coloring! The coloring on mine is fairly blase, but I had a couple of older Vaq's that were nice until they got worn so bad.........

I keep thinking i shouldn't carry it for fear of wearing off the CCH, but then what use is the gun :) I guess if it gets to where I can't stand the look I'll have Turnbull re-do it or just have it blued.

308longdistance

Blackhawk
Slim,

nice looking Birdshead, always wanted one. Thought it would be a nice woods carry gun.

I've had my chances, but always kicked the tires to long.

Now if they had made one in 44!

Latest posts