Birdshead's - post 'em up!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Boge Quinn

Single-Sixer
I have three...

1. .45 "Cleanup Gun", sorry I don't have pics of it.

2. Blue New Model .357 with Super Blackhawk hammer and QPR (Milt Morrison) high-polish stainless birdshead grip frame with ivory Micarta grips:
NM357-1.jpg

NM357-2.jpg

...and (BEST FOR LAST)...

3. Alan Harton customized stainless birdshead .32. SLICK little sixgun for surprisingly little money.
Barrel shortened to 3-1/2" & warning removed
Custom Belt Mountain "nail-head" base pin
Custom Harton pinned front sight & J-frame rear sight
Black powder cylinder chamfer
Free-spin pawl
Action job & tune

The only thing I wish I'd had done differently is add a Bisley hammer.
3201.jpg

3202.jpg

3203.jpg

3204.jpg

3205.jpg

3206.jpg

Boge Quinn

Single-Sixer
Yeah, a Super hammer would have been nice too. I should have had him change it out. Not that there's anything wrong with the factory hammer, it's just...ORDINARY. Still, it WAS a very inexpensive project...

(by the way - love the Poe quote)

SAA

Bearcat
Those short barrel single actions with birdshead grips looks so good, I like it when the cylinder of a revolver is in the middle of the gun, perfect proportions in other words. I have to get one someday.

That Alan Harton .32 looks very good. 8)

Boge Quinn

Single-Sixer
You'd be surprised how cheap that project was. Alan's prices are very reasonable. I don't want to post his price here, but if anyone's curious, email me.

dougader

Hunter
Boge Quinn":2im85fs7 said:
You'd be surprised how cheap that project was. Alan's prices are very reasonable. I don't want to post his price here, but if anyone's curious, email me.

Boge: Your SS Birdshead is the one I judge all others by. I'd like to have one done in 327 Federal just like it (and add either the SBH or Bisley Hammer like you suggest) and another done up on a Montado in 45 Colt.

Super cool, Boge... and very smooth, classic lines.

dougader

Hunter
Very good point about the 32 mag vs the cost of the 327 conversion. I have the stock Ruger birdshead you do and its a sweet shooter as is... but the custom touches on yours are remarkable.

email on its way...

dougader

Hunter
Boge Quinn":2l3lgqwl said:
I seriously considered a .327, but it requires a new cylinder and almost doubles the cost of the project. I just didn't see the need, and I'm plenty happy with the .32 Magnum.

If you're gonna spend that kind of money, Henry Garza had a COOL .38 Special done-up by Alan:
http://gallery.mac.com/aharton#100802&bgcolor=black&view=grid

Is that 38 a 6 shooter? I always assumed those were 5 shot guns...

reakin

Single-Sixer
You guys are killing me. I love the look of a nice stainless birdshead gun.

As soon as I can track me down a KRB-24FW, I plan on having a birdshead grip fitted, maybe some stags, and even thinking about a little engraving on it. Kind of a present to myself. Just gotta find the starter gun first.

reakin

dougader

Hunter
reakin":cey45rfc said:
You guys are killing me. I love the look of a nice stainless birdshead gun.

As soon as I can track me down a KRB-24FW, I plan on having a birdshead grip fitted, maybe some stags, and even thinking about a little engraving on it. Kind of a present to myself. Just gotta find the starter gun first.

reakin

Which model is that? I am illiterate when it comes to the catalog numbers.

reakin

Single-Sixer
dougader - its the Bisley Single Six, 4-5/8" barrel, .22lr, vaquero style fixed sights, polished stainless. I think it was a special distributor run. Always have my eye out for one so I can start the project.

reakin

dougader

Hunter
reakin":lmhwr3nu said:
dougader - its the Bisley Single Six, 4-5/8" barrel, .22lr, vaquero style fixed sights, polished stainless. I think it was a special distributor run. Always have my eye out for one so I can start the project.

reakin

Well, that's one I had never heard about. Very cool.

dougader

Hunter
Boge Quinn":28imh4gl said:

Does Alan stamp or rollmark his name or a company logo on the gun?

If so, what does it say or what does it look like?

Boge Quinn

Single-Sixer
His stamp reads "SINGLE ACTION SERVICE", but I prefer "BUILT FOR BOGE QUINN BY ALAN HARTON". It ain't like I'm selling the gun or anything! He did forget to stamp my Birdshead .32, so be sure to ask for it.

Here is my blued .32 Bearcat, alongside Lloyd Smale's stainless version:
13.jpg

dougader

Hunter
I like the personal touch too. If I pay to get a couple guns done like this, then I'd have the marking done like on your Bearcat.

I'm thinking of a SS 32 like you had done and also the same basic treatment done on my 45 Montado.

I am trying to decide if I want the recoil shield and loading gate scalloped or not...

Oh, you didn't mention it but I noticed that great crescent shaped ejector rod button on your 32. I like that.