bird's-head single six question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ar15ed

Single-Sixer
the first bird's-head 32 h&r single sixes i ever saw were at a small gun shop in the back of an antique mall in hendersonville, nc in about 2002. he had a couple of stainless ones and a couple of blue/cc ones. i am almost positive there were black micarta grips and WHITE micarta grips. i purchased a blue/cc one with the black grips back then, then shortly afterwards, i purchased another blue/cc one with black grips. i recently purchased one of the new ones in stainless, also with black grips.

were there some with WHITE grips, or have i lost my mind?! i haven't seen any in years, and i am beginning to think maybe they were all black.

captainkirk

Blackhawk
Yes, not sure about the 32s though...

9135H.gif

1000411.jpg

captainkirk

PS these are not my guns, they may belong to forum members though.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
I recall some having the white also. For a while there were a bunch on ebay but haven't seen 'em for a while.

ar15ed

Single-Sixer
good deal! maybe i am NOT in the first stages of alzheimers! i was almost positive i had seen them, but not in a long time!
thanks,
ed

contender

Ruger Guru
I know of the EXACT gunshop you mentioned. It moved to another location behind the Fresh Market,, and then closed due to the owners health. I've bought a couple from him,,,! I miss his shop,, small but good!
BTW; There were some white stocked Birds Headed 32 Mag guns,, they had either FI or FSI as part of their model designation. (SSM4-FI, or SSM4-FSI)
Nope, no memory loss,, just haven't seen them in a while,,,!

Latest posts