Bicentenial 45 convertible Blackhawk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BlackEagle

Blackhawk
I posted this at the end of the other topic about the medallions, but I don't think anyone noticed, so I'll try again here.

I hope I'm not beating a dead horse....but, I just picked up a 200th year 7 1/2 inch 45 LC blackhawk. After bringing it home, I noticed the cylinder has the last 3 numbers of the s/n engraved on it. This indicates that it shipped as a convertible, right?! Also, the medallions look pretty tarnished, and not exactly like the squashed chickens or new silver eagles. I know I asked before if the tarnished silver eagles were considered a different medallion or not, but I don't think I got a response. Maybe I was asking too many questions at the same time.
Thanks Again

no, not too many questions, but bottom line there was a period of time ,early in the new modle production, and after the "squashed chicken" transition from the old models, that the plastic ,silver eagle medallions were just plain ,downright, crappy plating job, and tarnished in NO time, I've sent them every color EXCEPT silver....
yes, they marked the last three digit of th guns serial number on one, ( and either one) or both....I always felt it was "supposed " to have meant the "spare" cylinder, ergo, it's a "convertible" , the box and shipper would be so noted...if NO shipper, then you 'd really have to calll records to find out if it was shipped as an "X" ( last letter in the catalog number signifying its indeed a "convertible", ie. BN45X.....)
one must also know that at times these "marked cylinders" are done to keep things together, matched to the gun,, and are also used in the refinishing of any firearm, wether by the factory or many gun shops, I know we always did.................

chet15

Hawkeye
I believe that Ruger has been marking the last three digits of the sn on the front of their NM Blackhawk (and even Super Blackhawk) cylinders with electric pencil for quite a while.
Chet15

BlackEagle

Blackhawk
Thanks, I will call ruger and see if they can tell me how it shipped since there is no box, etc.

BlackEagle

Blackhawk
I called Ruger and it did ship as a converible! I haven't got a refrence book yet, so can someone let me know approximately how many were made? The s/n is 46-20xxx.
Thanks.

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
From latest RENE Fouth Revision, BN-45X = 3,150, BN-44X = 2,100.
Known ser.# range, 46-20691 thru 46-30300.
Hope this helps. Did you get a box with it? if so please describe it.
Thanks! Nice Guns!!!
Terry

BlackEagle

Blackhawk
T.A. WORKMAN":355lxqgg said:
Thanks! Nice Guns!!!
Terry

No, it didn't come with the box. Is that range all 200th year .45 caliber Blackhawks? Is it possible to find out how many shipped as convertibles, and how many of those convertibles had 7 1/2 inch barrels?

And this gun definately has the "tarnished silver eagle" medallions. Are these the correct medallions for this gun?

Thanks Again.

BlackEagle

Blackhawk
T.A. WORKMAN":2jyutgoe said:
Thanks! Nice Guns!!!
Terry

Thank You Terry,
Is the BN-45X the 7 1/2 inch barrel? I am new to these numbers...

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
jfmcco":t664bnn7 said:
T.A. WORKMAN":t664bnn7 said:
Thanks! Nice Guns!!!
Terry

Thank You Terry,
Is the BN-45X the 7 1/2 inch barrel? I am new to these numbers...

Yes it is. Enjoy