Bianchi X15 shoulder holster input sought please

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Tallbald

Buckeye
I like to carry personal protection when my wife and I go scooter riding, but my usual carry gun is an SP101 in a pocket holster. I want a Bianchi X15 shoulder rig for more comfort in a long setting position. I plan to carry my half lug 6 inch GP100 or at times a CZ75B. Anyone have the X15 by Bianchi? I'm 6.5 feet tall and need a long holster to reach my belt to secure the bottom of the shoulder holster to my belt. I hope to be able to use the sasme rig for either gun. I'd appreciate any input an owner could offer. Thanks, Don

Skalkaho Slim

Blackhawk
I wore a 6" Colt Anaconda (45 Colt) in an X15 for a few years when I was working in the mountains years ago. Actually sold it to a fellow member just last year.

They are advertised as being able to carry revolvers and autos of a particular bbl length. I don't believe they make different ones for autos and others for revolvers. I can't imagine that your CZ wouldn't fit just fine in one for a 6" revolver.

If you decide to get one, I recommend Packin Heat Leather for anything Bianchi or Galco. First rate customer service and the best prices I've found so far. Ask him your question about it fitting the CZ. He should be able to help you out.

http://store.packinheatleather.com/bishholeri.html

redeux

Bearcat
i carried a 7.5" SAA for 2 years on a cwp up north , used an x15 , didn't think they still made them...

yankee7809

Single-Sixer
I've owned an X-15 for over thirty years and carried everything from a Smith 629 6" barrel to a SuperBlackhawk with the 7 and 1/2" barrel. It's very comfortable and flexable enough to carry the SBH which it probably wasn't designed to carry. I really like it.

Tallbald

Buckeye
This is just the sort of information I was hoping to find out. And I will give Packing Heat a call this morning. Thanks again, Don

rkrcpa

Single-Sixer
I used an X15 years ago for a 6" security six. It was a good way to carry it when rifle hunting, it kept the gun out of the way. I still have it somewhere around here. It's in decent shape if you're interested in it. I haven't used it in at least 25 years, I'm thinkin' I probably never will.

DGW1949

Hunter
I've carried SA's and a 1911 in shoulder holsters, off and on for years.
Used a S&W brand, a Bianchi, and more recently....an old Bauer Brothers.
Aint much difference in any of them realy. They all worked fine for me, and I'm 6'-2".

Hope this helps.

DGW

buckeyeshooter

Blackhawk
I wear one when carrying a Smith and wesson 29 with a 6 inch barrel. You need a jacket for CCW. But its fine without one for field use. The holster will take about anything with the correct barrel length. Shorter barrels are not real secure. I generally do not bother with the strap across the front of the holster, the spring holds it tight enough. There is good adjustment in the rig for height. I generally do use the belt loop on the back of the holster on a belt. I'm 'only' 6 foot 1 so, you may have to forgo the belt attachment to keep it concealed.

Snake45

Hawkeye
I have two or three of them, can't remember. I think I have both 4" and 6" versions bought back in the '70s. I know I have another 4" one I bought at a gun show last year for just $15--too good a deal to walk away from, even though I didn't really need it.

For years the X15 was considered the gold standard of shoulder holsters. They might still be, for all I know. High-quality stuff! :wink:

ltbarber

Bearcat
As a young buck,lean-green fightin' machine,I wore an X-15 with a 1911. Totally comfortable, and durable. Now an old goat,I wear an X-15 with a Smith 629,4-inch,for hunting. Same comfort and durability level. Get one!! :D

nn

Single-Sixer
If it is just for scooter riding, A Galco elete holster fannypac would work well in all seasons. esp summer. The med one will carry a 5" N frame and a 5.4" Redhawk.