BFR Magnun Research

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Axehandle

Buckeye
Quality revolvers.... Lots of gun for the money... I like them.. I have BFRs in 450M, 444M, 45/410 and a 22 Hornet.... Only bought the 45/410 new.. The others were good deals on GB and GA...

I think it must stand for "Big F@#*ing Revolver". The 45/70 cylinder must be 4 inches long. The 45/70 weigh 4 lbs. at 15" length. Not something you'd want to spend a day at the range with. I know what shooting my Marlin .450 Guide gun is like with the 18" ported barrel. I can't even imagine touching off the equivalent in a revolver. (Don't flinch. I dare ya).

I saw one at Gander in S&W .460. They make a .500 also. Wow.

Redstick

Single-Sixer
I'm real HAPPY with them!!! Mine are all older ones without holes in the top strap for scope base.

flatgate

Hawkeye
IIRC, began as D-MAX from Eastern So. Dak. Had Pine Tree cast frames and used Super Blackhawk Grip Frames and lockwork. Has evolved into some darn decent guns. Sorta a "half way house" between Ruger and the Custom Boys and Freedom Arms..... :D

flatgate

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
steveodtw":1ng9ktba said:
I think it must stand for "Big F@#*ing Revolver".
That's exactly what it means. The "Biggest Finest Revolver" crap is just a marketing dept's attempt to clean it up for the masses.

I don't know which came first, the MR BFR, or the BFG-2000 in Duke Nuke'em. :)

-- Sam

Aggie01

Blackhawk
I made my initial foray into big bores with a couple BFR's, one in .475 and one in .454.
I liked them so much I jumped off the deep end. I have had them modified, but they may get replaced in a couple years by full up customs.
The long cylinder BFR's don't really trip my trigger.

These do.
Barrels trimmed w/ Weigand front sights, KRW Bocote grips.
Quite a bit less expensive getting here than starting with a Ruger.
DSCN0848.jpg

WingMaster

Bearcat
Aggie01":32f8eauk said:
I made my initial foray into big bores with a couple BFR's, one in .475 and one in .454.
I liked them so much I jumped off the deep end. I have had them modified, but they may get replaced in a couple years by full up customs.
The long cylinder BFR's don't really trip my trigger.

These do.
Barrels trimmed w/ Weigand front sights, KRW Bocote grips.
Quite a bit less expensive getting here than starting with a Ruger.
DSCN0848.jpg

When you decide to part with them - let me know. Those are very nice.