better grips for the LCR?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

buyguns

Bearcat
I have one and the 158 gr SWC I shoot hurt. I can't get through a box. Where can I can i look?

thanks

jamstutz

Bearcat
I'm not trying to be a smart ass, but how about using some lighter loads until you build up to the 158 gr SWC's?

nn

Single-Sixer
buyguns":2h9p7d1a said:
I have one and the 158 gr SWC I shoot hurt. I can't get through a box. Where can I can i look?

thanks
I'm sticking with lighter loads and no +P

bub

Single-Sixer
woodpile":3dusqjg3 said:
I hope to have a wood grip figured out in the next couple of weeks. Steve

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU POST PICS!!!!! I'd like an LCP for occasional pocket carry but want something other than the factory "Goodyears". A good, solid, attractive set of wood stocks would be GREAT!

Bub

41 mag fan

Single-Sixer
Not a problem BUB as soon as I can get caught up and get a set or wo done I'll post pics and a range report. Steve

buyguns

Bearcat
I bet they would be lighter and look better. Only reason so far shooting 158 gr is thats what I have reloaded. Sights on my other Ruger shoots good with it. To make the gun useful for me I'll have to shoot a different load.

claydoctor

Bearcat
From what I have read, those grips were especially designed by Hogue for this light polymer framed gun to absorb the recoil. I'm afraid if one goes to wood grips, it is going to be far less comfortable to shoot.

jamstutz

Bearcat
claydoctor":1dmqm002 said:
...I'm afraid if one goes to wood grips, it is going to be far less comfortable to shoot.
I suspect, as well, that this may be the case. Plus I sort of like the utilitarian look of the LCR--but for those who love the feel of wood in their hands...I mean, for those who just can't buy a gun unless they get wood...uh, for those who...oh, never mind...I'm sure the wood grips will look very nice.

claydoctor

Bearcat
jamstutz":1qomxv99 said:
claydoctor":1qomxv99 said:
...I'm afraid if one goes to wood grips, it is going to be far less comfortable to shoot.
I suspect, as well, that this may be the case. Plus I sort of like the utilitarian look of the LCR--but for those who love the feel of wood in their hands...I mean, for those who just can't buy a gun unless they get wood...uh, for those who...oh, never mind...I'm sure the wood grips will look very nice.

No problem. We all put our fancy grips on for carrying but we keep the Hogues in our pocket. When accosted in a dark alley, we say, "Just a minute...... You don't happen to have a small screwdriver on you, do you?"

Cordite

Single-Sixer
Rubber grips on a revolver tend to grab fabric like the lining of a pocket. A smooth grip made of wood, plastic, micarta, corian, etc. would reduce that issue.

claydoctor

Bearcat
Cordite":3mrk87u4 said:
Rubber grips on a revolver tend to grab fabric like the lining of a pocket. A smooth grip made of wood, plastic, micarta, corian, etc. would reduce that issue.

Again, at the cost of more pain. As the man said, you pays your money and takes your choice.

jamstutz

Bearcat
claydoctor":av9lvfsu said:
Cordite":av9lvfsu said:

Again, at the cost of more pain. As the man said, you pays your money and takes your choice.

It would seem then that the Crimson Trace grips are ideal since they have comfortable rubber cushioning along the backstrap, but have non-grabbing, polymer sides. They are also 1/2 oz. lighter and thinner than the Hogue grips, plus you get a very fine laser that activates when you get a firing grip. What's not to like?

claydoctor

Bearcat
jamstutz":30qal5nn said:
claydoctor":30qal5nn said:
Cordite":30qal5nn said:

It would seem then that the Crimson Trace grips are ideal since they have comfortable rubber cushioning along the backstrap, but have non-grabbing, polymer sides. They are also 1/2 oz. lighter and thinner than the Hogue grips, plus you get a very fine laser that activates when you get a firing grip. What's not to like?

When you're right, you're right.