Best scope for Bisley hunter?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

azleite

Single-Sixer
Howdy Folk's, After searching for a short barrel Bisley & not having any luck I decided to go nuts. My LGS was able to find a Bisley hunter in .44 mag so I slapped a chunk of change down and asked them to order it. I want to master it with irons first. Does anyone know if the old V-notch rear with bead front that Ruger used to offer for the Redhawk is still available anywhere? My main question is, what is a good, stout pistol scope for this revolver? For $200-300? Also appreciate any comments/opinions about the Bisley-Thank's-Dave

G2

Hunter
The V notch us no longer available but they are out there, so there you go, your first hunt.

Scope, I first bought a M8 4x Leupold, man you can really see yourself shake. So then I went with the M8 2x, much better, and while I did buy the 4x in silver thinking it would match, it didn't, looked off, so the 2x I snagged a blue, I like the look.

The very first scope I tried was a Simmons 2-7 too big and heavy, looked clunky, and unless your situation calls for that much magnification, it was a mistake.

I find shootIng of a rest to be the only way I can shoot the dang thing. I guess we move that much with open sights but instinct must take over. :wink:

Leupold does not make the M8 anymore but they can be found in like new condition $150-200 and if there is anything wrong w/ it just send it, the customer service is top notch, typically less than 2 week turn around.

Place a WTB here, gunbroker, eBay. There out There and most are in great condition because it's a whole new ball game learning to shoot w/ them.

mikewriter

Blackhawk
I mounted a silver Weaver 2x on mine, and it matches very well on the polished stainless gun. I can find a target with it almost as fast as with an Ultra Dot, and this combo so far is very accurate. Do agree on how much "more" the darn thing shakes with the scope on it, though!

azleite

Single-Sixer
Hey, Thank's for the replys! What's kind of led me down this trail is that about a year ago my arm started hurting while shooting my revolvers. Didn't see the doc because I guess I didn't want to know. So, I started shooting off a pistol rest at 25 yds. with the excuse to myself that I wanted to know how my reloads were doing. Turns out it was a lot of fun & I got kinda hooked, also turns out I have a torn rotator cuff..Gonna deal with that in a couple weeks and will be putting all this together while I heal. My goal is to see how I do at farther ranges. Gonna ck on both those scopes. Found the shake thing interesting-kinda sounds like the first time I shot pistol with a laser-Dave

dad11345

Bearcat
Leupold FX-2 Handgun scope at 2X is what I have on my Super black hawk. I buy a lot of my scopes from SWFA in there sample section.

s4s4u

Buckeye
I prefer an UltraDot on my revolvers. Plenty good out to 100+ yards, and I'm not gonna press that distance with a wheelgun. High magnification doesn't make you shake more, it just makes you see more of the shake you have.