Best restaurant review of the decade so far.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ProfessorWes

Hunter
Via Instapundit, this tragic tale in which several friends go to an allegedly high-class restaurant for dinner. Instead of dinner, our heroes are instead served an expensive - VERY expensive! - 27-course lesson in applied sadomasochism. Dinner theater, with a dog's breakfast.

https://everywhereist.com/2021/12/bros-restaurant-lecce-we-eat-at-the-worst-michelin-starred-restaurant-ever/

We headed to the restaurant with high hopes – eight of us in total, led into a cement cell of a room, Drake pumping through invisible speakers. It was sweltering hot, and no other customers were present. The décor had the of chicness of an underground bunker where one would expect to be interrogated for the disappearance of an ambassador’s child . . .

What followed was a 27-course meal (note that “course” and “meal” and “27” are being used liberally here) which spanned 4.5 hours and made me feel like I was a character in a Dickensian novel. Because – I cannot impart this enough – there was nothing even close to an actual meal served. Some “courses” were slivers of edible paper. Some shots were glasses of vinegar. Everything tasted like fish, even the non-fish courses. And nearly everything, including these noodles, which was by far the most substantial dish we had, was served cold . . .

I’ve checked Trip Advisor. Other people who’ve eaten at Bros were served food. Some of them got meat, and ravioli, and more than one slice of bread. Some of them were served things that needed to be eaten with forks and spoons.

We got a tablespoon of crab.

I’ve tried to come up with hypotheses for what happened. Maybe the staff just ran out of food that night. Maybe they confused our table with that of their ex-lover’s. Maybe they were drunk. But we got twelve kinds of foam, something that I can only describe as “an oyster loaf that tasted like Newark airport”, and a teaspoon of savory ice cream that was olive flavored.

And the review gets better, as the food and the service got increasingly worse and the narrator slipped further and further into the mountains of madness: "Recommendation: Do not eat here. I cannot express this enough. This was single-handedly one of the worse wastes of money in my entire food and travel writing career bwah ha ha ha ha ha ha oh my god." Read the whole thing. :lol:

protoolman

Hunter
I read the comments and the chefs reply.He likened his food to contemporary (abstract ?) art. When the guests didn't like it then their dinner should have been free? $200 a plate and they never got fed?

314Chevy

Single-Sixer
Thank you! My wife and I had a good laugh over this review. Checked out the restaurants' website and decided not to spend $150 to $225 for a meal. To be fair we have never been to Italy. On the plus side we had a very enjoyable meal at the diner near our home this morning.

“We have infused these droplets with meat molecules”
$200 for 27 teaspoons of what looks like cat hork.

I think I’d sooner eat at Taco Bell.

mistermills357

Blackhawk
iu

Some thugs rob with a gun, but those thugs robbed with plates of nothingness.

toysoldier

Hunter
We don't have any of those froo-froo "restaurants" in our little town. What we do have is "menu creep." As time passes, restaurants that served perfectly good food have started adding Jalapenos or cilantro to what had been good, decent food. You might be able to get French dressing for your salad, but ask for Russian and you'll get a blank look.