Best holster for LCP?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bigboreshooter

Single-Sixer
Though not the "best" holster on the market, this Hunter pocket holster has to be one of the best values on the market. Less than $25.00 from Midway.

I've been carrying this rig, daily, in my right back pocket for the last couple of months. It is just as comfortable as a wallet.

P1010058.jpg

george preston

Single-Sixer
Don't know that I'd be going around carrying a pistol in my pocket that was not holstered. The pistol will shift and there is the possibility of catching the trigger on something. I've seen the results of non-holstered carry a few times in the ER. Trigger gets caught on something as they are getting out of their car or truck and BOOM…big hole in the leg. I carry a S&W Mod 36 daily in my front pocket in a Desantis holster with no problems.

gatorhugger

Blackhawk
I don't think an lcp or p3at in a DEDICATED front pocket is catching on anything.
It would be next to impossible.
I put nothing in that pocket except the gun. Ever.
Combined with a long tough trigger pull, it's safe.
Probably as safe as pulling it out from a holster in a crisis.

I will say no holster has stopped a lot of accidentle mag releases.
I constantly was shoving the mag back in when it was in a pocket holster.
There seems to be less pressure on the sides of the gun, because there is less thickness in the front pocket.

It's one of those things that is against the natural thought process, it would seem Holster= saftey.
After years of holstering, I just don't believe it, not for front pocket carry.
I have come 180 degrees, where No Holster=safety.
At least for front pocket carry.

george preston

Single-Sixer
All I can attest to is the fact that I have SEEN it happen (well, I've seen the results of not carrying in a holster). If my memory serves me correctly 2 where revolvers 1 was a small semi-auto. One guy had on gym shorts that melted and caused 3rd degree burns to the front of his leg. All this being said, my grandfather carried a small S&W 38 tucked into his waistband all the time and never shot anything off. All I'm saying is that it can and does happen! Seen it with my own eyes. I worked in a large ER/level 1 trauma center for 6 years….

gatorhugger

Blackhawk
george preston":12m4a2oe said:
All I can attest to is the fact that I have SEEN it happen (well, I've seen the results of not carrying in a holster). If my memory serves me correctly 2 where revolvers 1 was a small semi-auto. One guy had on gym shorts that melted and caused 3rd degree burns to the front of his leg. All this being said, my grandfather carried a small S&W 38 tucked into his waistband all the time and never shot anything off. All I'm saying is that it can and does happen! Seen it with my own eyes. I worked in a large ER/level 1 trauma center for 6 years….

Anything can happen. If the person carrying it is not real bright. In a holster, out of a holster. We read all the time about people shooting themselves reholstering, just one recently where the guy was suing Galco or some holster company because part of the holster caught the trigger of his Glock.
I am sure the ER trauma centers have seen a few re-holstering discharges as well.
There is no accounting for stupidity.
But if you have a normal awareness for safety, and don't put anything in the pocket but the gun, the trigger isn't going to pull itself inside your pocket.

MoHawk

Bearcat
Desantis Nemisis. Stays in place in your pocket keeping the pistol upright for drawing. Keeps LCP from imprinting on your pocket. You can get a pants pocket version or cargo pants version with mag holder.

MoHawke
[/url][/img]

Latest posts