BEST GUN?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gunguru

Bearcat
What is you opinion? What is "BEST" pistol? Disregard difference in plastic vs metal & caliber choice is only 9mm. Choices are: P89-P95-SR9...

Gun will not be a primary carry gun as I have a LCR for that. This will be the house, car, SHTF gun and carry on rare occasions. Size & weight not as important as being tough as an anvil.

I'm leaning toward the P89 but hear lots of good stuff about P95. SR9 seems to be a hit or miss for good things being said about it.

So, what does everyone think?

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
These are always tough questions and of your choices I would say an SR9. I owned an P85, close to a P89, it was reliable but my SR9 has been just as reliable and far better as far as accuracy. The SR9 is the most accurate Ruger semi-auto I have shot.

Dusterman

Single-Sixer
I have to agree with Cheesewhiz my buddy has a P95 and I,ve also shot a P89 not bad but I,m much better with my SR9. I also have a P94 9MM and I,m all over the board with that, so if I had to choose I would pick my SR9. And I,ve know I,ve said it before , my daughter loves to shoot my SR also. If you can find a range or friends that might have all your choices give them a shot (pun intened) :lol: Dusterman

jhearne

Buckeye
I like the SR9 on it's size and features. Reliability, it's not as proven as the P89 and P95, but will be a good gun for years to come. If I had to pick any of them, it'd be based on which one was a better fit for my hand. Today, IMHO, they are all good guns.

Personally I own the SR9 and my father owns a P95, both are dead reliable and more than accurate enough to serve as a CCW or Home Defense gun.

Josh

gunguru

Bearcat
As you can see from new avatar, the P95 is my choice...Best combination of the pros of both the P89 & SR9, and it has a proven track record to go with it...

P90

Single-Sixer
My choice is the P90. Its just a personal preference, but I prefer the slower, lower pressure 45 Cal. in all my guns.

recoilguy

Bearcat
SR-9.......easy to take down and clean, accurate and shots all day long.

The CZ P-01 is a fine weapon too.

RCG

GaryA

Single-Sixer
P90 said
My choice is the P90. Its just a personal preference, but I prefer the slower, lower pressure 45 Cal. in all my guns.

My sentiments exactly!

Although, were I to choose from the 3 mentioned, it would be the P95, a vastly overlooked and underrated handgun, IMO.